X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KregR
    replied
    Hey Suze -

I'm really curious what you found and if you are leaning in a certain direction. I too do autocross, track days and high speed lapping at various tracks up and down the West Coast. I'm actually an instructor for Audi, BMW and Porsche clubs.

I've seen several small teardrops with tires mounted on the roof racks or off the rear hitches on the back of the teardrops. But yes, most common are 4x4 or a variant of sizes of utility trailers for gear. I actually started with a motorcycle cargo/camping trailer. My gear would stay dry in the box and my tires would go on a rack on the top. But this leads me to a recommendation. I would check out the Luna Flyer series from InTech. They are a race trailer company (that is their bread and butter) and started making small trailers. So it is a great meld of utility, plus camping. Let me know what you think.
    I also just purchased their teardrop version Luna Rover (just for camping, not track days, I have a different set up for that.) If you are looking to combine the two, this might be a great option. I've been very impressed with the company and build quality. Plus they are all aluminum frames!

Good luck!
    Kreg

Leave a comment:

• Nick T
    replied
    Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new on here, and just starting to research teardrop builds! I'm hoping to build next year/over the winter if everything goes to plan!

First - I'd like to build something that would be functional for both weekend camping but also more specifically laid out for track days/autocross/motorsports with a dedicated space for a spare set of tires and a tool box, but still keep the weight as light as possible. I'm wondering if anyone on here has customized a teardrop in a similar way and has any ideas to share! A lot of folks in the autocross community will tow a little 4/4 trailer for the tires and tool box, but I like the idea of incorporating that into the teardrop so I can travel to farther out regional events/nationals.

Second, my husband is also a homebrewer, and I like the idea of being able to stow a small corny keg, keep it cool, and maybe put a draft tap somewhere in the galley -- also curious to see if anyone has done that!

Thanks all!
    Suze
    (Toronto, Ontario)
    Hello & Welcome, Suze. Check out the site called "Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers", THE most comprehensive teardrop BUILD-related site on the internet. Amazing amount of content. Free to join, tons of detailed instructions, tens of thousands of photos, you name it. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    started a topic Researching: Teardrop for Track days/ Autocross

Researching: Teardrop for Track days/ Autocross

Hi all,

I'm new on here, and just starting to research teardrop builds! I'm hoping to build next year/over the winter if everything goes to plan!

First - I'd like to build something that would be functional for both weekend camping but also more specifically laid out for track days/autocross/motorsports with a dedicated space for a spare set of tires and a tool box, but still keep the weight as light as possible. I'm wondering if anyone on here has customized a teardrop in a similar way and has any ideas to share! A lot of folks in the autocross community will tow a little 4/4 trailer for the tires and tool box, but I like the idea of incorporating that into the teardrop so I can travel to farther out regional events/nationals.

Second, my husband is also a homebrewer, and I like the idea of being able to stow a small corny keg, keep it cool, and maybe put a draft tap somewhere in the galley -- also curious to see if anyone has done that!

Thanks all!
    Suze
    (Toronto, Ontario)
Working...
X