This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Feedback Request

WOW! Its been 18 months since we launched this new website!! In that time we've addressed a number of issues brought forward by our members, and made some minor adjustments to the interface. Without that feedback, its impossible for us to continue to seek out improvements and make adjustments. After all, it was feedback from membership that inspired the leap from the outdated PHPBB forum to this new software.

Of course there is always room for improvement. Now is your chance to share your questions, comments, or concerns. You're welcome to share them below by replying to this topic. These replies can be seen by everyone.

OR..... If your would rather remain anonymous, we invite you to fill out the feedback form at the link below. You're welcome to remain anonymous, or you can include your email address in the form if you would like the option to be contacted by an admin for further discussion.

Feedback form ----> https://forms.gle/8xGFrexeNcJubS8PA

We appreciate your feedback!

I think returning the chapter threads to the main forum page would be great similar to what was in the old version. Its nice to see whats new in each chapter at a glance without clicking around to each chapter link to see whats new. I typically look at the date of the last post for that particular chapter to determine whether I click on it or not. If I was on the site last week, and the last post was posted 2 weeks ago, I know nothing is new and can skip that chapter page to save time. This is for all chapters and not just the ones i subscribe to.

Dave

Comment

I think we may already have what you're looking for, but it's just in a different spot. By default, our "Chapters" page is set up to display each chapter logo in a grid format. If you click on the "list" icon, it changes from the grid format and will display the last post made in each chapter.

I can look into setting up a module on the home page, but because of the way the software treats "groups" (aka chapters) that may not be possible.

I know I can at least change the default display from "grid" to "list".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	119.2 KB ID:	16133

You can even use the 'Sort' feature to bring up the most recent posts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	16135

Comment

Hello Zack, What is "a follow request"?
        Thank you,
        Charles
        Charles . . . . http://www.isleepinit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Hello Zack, What is "a follow request"?
          Thank you,
          Charles
          Hi Charles, In terms of internet forums: Users have the ability to 'Subscribe' to either topic updates or other members updates. When someone clicks the subscribe button on your profile, you will get a 'follow request' from them. If you accept the follow request, they will get updates when you post pictures or comment in topics. You can click "Ignore" and they will not get notified that you denied their request.

You may turn off notifications for these, under your "User Settings". Click on the Notifications tab, and uncheck the "Subscribes to you" box. This will turn off the notifications for "follow requests" and ignores them.

I would leave the other notifications checked, so that you continue to get updates in topics that you've commented in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	16149

Comment

Originally posted by dmckruit View Post
            I think returning the chapter threads to the main forum page would be great similar to what was in the old version. Its nice to see whats new in each chapter at a glance without clicking around to each chapter link to see whats new.
            The easiest way to do this is to click on the "View New Posts" link in the top menu bar (or the hamburger icon if on mobile.) That list every new post in all sub-forums. I use it every day. When I'm done, I then use the "Mark All Forums Read" link, also in the top menu bar.

Give it a try!
            Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
            Retired, and Exploring the USA
            Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
            Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by dmckruit View Post
              I think returning the chapter threads to the main forum page would be great similar to what was in the old version. Its nice to see whats new in each chapter at a glance without clicking around to each chapter link to see whats new. I typically look at the date of the last post for that particular chapter to determine whether I click on it or not. If I was on the site last week, and the last post was posted 2 weeks ago, I know nothing is new and can skip that chapter page to save time. This is for all chapters and not just the ones i subscribe to.

Dave
              Dave, it took some figuring out, but Chapter Discussion can now be viewed directly on the home page below the general forum list.

The default view is to see the entire chapter list, with the latest topic update in each chapter displayed.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	17038

If you click on the "Latest Activity" tab it will show the most recent posts from across all the chapters.

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	17037

Comment

Zach What happened to the "Mark All Forums Read? button? I use that daily.
                Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Morris View Post
                  It apparently got bumped with a system update. I'll see if I can get the navbar link back. There is a "Mark Channels Read" link at the bottom of the General Discussion forum list. Try that other one in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Morris View Post
                    Steve, the link should be back now. Let me know if you don't see it, or if it doesn't work. Seems good on my end.

Comment

Yep! Thank you.
                      Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Having an app would be cool

Comment

Working...
                        X