No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick T
    replied
    Steve, in addition to your photo posts being interesting & informative, you may have also saved me the trouble of starting a new thread & posting my "problem photo" showing the original tongue & jack on my '66 Shasta. The jack no longer works because sometime in its prior life it got bent/banged up, and no longer cranks. It's basically stuck in a fairly low position (about like where yours is, in your photo above, if you include the length of the removable "foot" shown in your photo). I've been wondering what to do about that, which sections were replaceable, which replacement parts were readily available, whether I'd have to cut it out with a torch vs be able to unbolt it, etc). It looks (operative word) like I should (hmmm) be able to unbolt "just the jack" exactly the way yours is unbolted and replaced, above. Did you have any trouble getting your ancient bolts to come out? The very few times I used my Shasta, years ago, I had a pickup that was "lifted" so a low, non-functional jack wasn't a significant problem (there was no risk of it dragging or snagging, hitched to a tall bumper). Now I have a stock height small pickup, and the frozen-in-place jack would probably drag. Where did you get your jack?

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	732.2 KB ID:	10302 Plan is to build 30" x 78" bed on each side facing to back.The foot end of beds goes all the way across and will have the air conditioner mounted in opening between the beds,Building it in sections to be assembled as one unit.The panels are sandwiched 1" foam covered with 1/8 inch luan on both sides.Pretty light weight for the size.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2147.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	636.9 KB
ID:	10299 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6816.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	636.9 KB
ID:	10300 Some outside work done. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,020.4 KB ID:	10297 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6815.jpg Views:	0 Size:	750.9 KB ID:	10298

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick T View Post
    Thanks for posting all the great photos. Interesting to see exactly what they look like when stripped down.
    Congrats on the buy.
    Thanks.The framing originally just hap hazard stapled together.Where they were stapled together I glued in some 3/4 x 2 inch wood blocks.It really added a lot of strength to the joints.

Leave a comment:

• Nick T
    replied
    Thanks for posting all the great photos. Interesting to see exactly what they look like when stripped down.
    Congrats on the buy.

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    replied
    Had to cover original water heater area and made a panel for utilities entrance.Will be using a small electric water heater.

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    replied
    Gutted interior

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    started a topic Shasta fixer upper

Shasta fixer upper

Found this on marketplace and was first in line to buy it.The previous owner had done some out side work but the inside was completely torn out.
Working...
X