Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery size?

In general, with no systems to run but LED lights, what size (specifications) battery is everyone using in their teardrops?

Also, how long are they lasting for you out on trips?

Mine is only 75 amp hours. So at 50% which is the rule for Led batteries I only have about 35 amp hours. Only had my teardrop a week but have used it many times. My fan on each of the four speeds draws 1 amp or 2 amps or 3 amps or 4 amps. Lights are probably less than an amp. I should be able to run the fan on medium for 17 hours which is 2 nights. On my YouTube travels I see people with hundred amp hour batteries and they are agm. I'm going to see how my works out for now but it is just a cheap Marine deep cycle battery that came with it. I'm already doing other upgrades and the battery is probably last if it becomes an issue.

Comment

Hey

I'm running 2ea 100ah lithium batteries which supplies power to my lights, ceiling fan, TV (never use) and when off grid supplies power to my 1000w pure sign wave inverter to power the outlets inside (my wife uses a CPAP machine) and so far I have never run out of battery power. I do have the option to run solar (200W Renogy foldable) as needed, but its a bit over kill for a Teardrop. Both batteries are housed in the tongue box, as is the inverter, and uses a pigtail cable to go from the front box to the shore power connection of my Teardrop body.

Pete

Comment

My original battery had started to bulge, so I've replaced it (75Ah lead/acid) with a 100Ah LiFePO4 - I'll let you know how it works out.

We're not off-grid that often, the last time we were, we managed 4 days running a compressor fridge and LED lights.

Comment

I wrote an entry on my teardrop blog that kinda addresses your question of battery size, as it relates to solar panel capacity when off-gridding... https://teardroptrailertravels.ca/20...g-improvement/
          As it happens, I am currently editing a follow-up piece I asked a Teardropper friend to write... he has a flexible setup that includes both an on-board battery and a portable Jackery unit.
          Hopefully, either or both add some useful info to your battery explorations!
          cheers,
          Neil
          I mentioned in Teardrop Trailer Buying Advice that I would have rather had a higher wattage solar panel on the roof of my Teardrop camper than what was supplied with it. But last autumn I made an a…

Comment

Working...
          X