No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led Rear lights / Electrical

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if it's OK to tap into the power off of the rear LED lights so I can add two strip lights for turn/brake/running lights?

I want to make the trailer more visible.
    It's a Little Guy 2015 T@b Max S.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Julz Dennis

Adding lights, especially LED's, shouldn't be a problem. Simple as connecting positive to positive and negative to negative.

Comment

Thanx Zach!

I wasn't sure if I needed to add a transistor as well.

Comment

The load resistors that are sometimes needed when replacing automotive turn signals with LED bulbs are only needed because of the blinker module on the vehicle. LED fixtures for trailers do not have any affect on the blinker module since the load is so small compared to the vehicles system.

Comment

Wow...thank you so much for your help..I found alot info on tapping into regular lighting systems, just LED into LED. APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
            The load resistors that are sometimes needed when replacing automotive turn signals with LED bulbs are only needed because of the blinker module on the vehicle. LED fixtures for trailers do not have any affect on the blinker module since the load is so small compared to the vehicles system.
            The only downside I've found with replacing the lights with LEDs is that the load is so low that it no longer triggers the buzzer fitted to the tow car, but I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
            X