Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE: Unmounted Teardrop 4 X 8, one door for sale

I love my home built Teardrop and still use if from time to time. I made this thing to be removed from the trailer that I use periodically for other things like hauling canoes and firewood. Once every year or so I dismount my tear and put it on a wooden cradle so I can use the trailer for other uses. Since I made it to be removed, I built it like a tank with 3/4 inch plywood walls. It really works well for winter camping. I actually camped out quite comfortably in -18 F in an Ohio Campground. (OK I admit, I ate breakfast at McDonalds rather than trying to make breakfast when it was that cold) Since I live in a parsonage, I can't buy another trailer like from harbor freight to mount the tear on to try to sell it. Since I now have another camper with a bathroom, I really don't need the teardrop. Being as how this is only a 4 X 8, it's really only suitable for 1 person and their dog. If anyone wanted to go to the trouble of securing a trailer to mount this on, I will let it go much cheaper than you could ever build one for. Since I mainly used this to camp out of for hunting season, I never put a 12 V DC system in it. Since most campgrounds that I camp at have electric, I never saw the need. This tear has an air conditioner built in and is quite comfortable to sleep in during the hottest weather. If someone is interested, a $1000.00 would take it. I know I spent over $3,000.00 to build it.

Art

I don't know how to share this but I am sure someone will snatch this up. Great price and an easy build for someone. Best of luck passing her on to another Happy Camper

Comment

I realize very few would be interested in an unmounted teardrop. Recently at Home Depot saw a 5 X 8 trailer offered for sale with fold down sides. The fold down sides intrigued me. If I thought anybody would be interested, I'd consider purchasing the trailer, remounting the axle further aft and then mounting my 4 X 8 tear drop on the trailer after removing the curb side fold down side. My thoughts: With a space of 1 foot available the entire length of the trailer, there would be room for transporting things like a canopy and other camping essentials. I just don't know how others would feel about this configuration since it wouldn't look as sleek as your normal teardrop trailer. Tear drop campers tend to think and live outside the box. But maybe I am thinking too far outside the box. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts before commit to the purchase of the trailer. I built my unit to slide off my existing trailer that I had built with an exceptionally long tongue to facilitate hauling canoes and kayaks. Since I want to keep my existing trailer for that purpose, I haven't put the teardrop up for sale other than mentioning that I'd practically give it away on a few forums like this one.

Art

Comment

Someone asked if I sold this, the answer is no. Still thinking about mounting it on a trailer all of it's own and then selling it for real money. Seriously thinking about using it this year for Buck season. That's what I made it for. Easier to heat than my other camper and don't have to worry about winterization.

Comment

Sold, I am now officially on the darkside. I sold the camper for $500.00 just to keep from selling the trailer. I was glad that I finally made one tearjerker outing while I still had the tear drop.

Art

Comment

Working...
          X