Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioner

Looking for a ClimateRight or similar AC unit for my Teardrop. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by tshackelford View Post
    Looking for a ClimateRight or similar AC unit for my Teardrop. Any suggestions?
    Good afternoon Tim. I am Dave from both Illinois Chapter and Indiana Chapter. I actually traded in my TearDrop Little Guy 5 Wide this past September for a slightly larger camper and did not give them the ClimateRight 5000 that i used with the Teardrop. I planned to list it for sale this coming spring. It has only been used maybe 15 times. Do to work schedules I only made about 3 camping weekends a year. If this is of interest you i can get you more details , pictures and price. You can messenger me on here and let me know.

Thanks
    Dave

Comment

Please send me some info

Comment

Just FYI
        Just FYI ;Those Climate right A/C's are NO LONGER MADE ......................................

Comment

Yes I’m aware. I was searching for a gently used unit. Davey from the above comments sold me a really nice used unit that I’m so thankful for.

Comment

May I also suggest that you go on Climate Rights web site and purchase a second T-stat & remote as a backup just incase one of them crap out on you . I sure did never know . Don't know if you have any experience with them i have had yours for 3-4 years & it does work rather well in a 5x8 tear so well that in a 90 degree day in full sun it get's it down & keeps it at a consist 68 - 70 degree 's . Yes it has froze up maybe 4 times & shuts down , But all we do is unplug and wait about 15 - 20 mins. and all is good then . Maybe we push it too hard .

Comment

I just purchased a trailer (VTM XTR) that has the Climate Right vents already installed. I have been looking for something else that is comparable but there doesn't seem to be anything out there.

Comment

Here is one that looks similar to the Climate Right. Would this work? https://www.vevor.com/products/porta...iABEgI-u_D_BwE

Comment

Padre, 1st Welcome to the Tearjerker’s. Hope you enjoy the camping and company that comes with it.

As for the A/C unit you are referring to on your link, if the specs are correct you will NOT be able to use this unit. Specs show it requires a 220 volt outlet to operate it and you would not find that at any campsite. Also the BTU sounds like over kill for your size camper. The ClimateRight had a 5000 BTU and a 2500 BTU and the 5000 was strong for my Tear drop camper. So the one you speak of is 3 times as strong at 16548 BTU. Either way the 220 volt is the main problem.

Dave

Comment

Ok so the description states that voltage is 220 volts BUT that cord that is shown is clearly a 115 volt 15 amp cord end ( plug ) so what is correct . Might be worth a phone call . Just my 2 cents

Comment

If you haven't seen these before, check out the S7i here: Fresair 12V Air Conditioner | For Golf, Van Life + More
                      This is designed to replace your 12v fan (if you have one in your roof) otherwise you can cut a new spot on top if you have the room.

Comment

Good point on the 115 volt plug! Guess it needs a little more research.

Comment

Climate Right air conditioners are not made for travel and cannot be repaired. They are not designed for bumps in the road. Ours crapped out last year after about 6 uses. We made a manifold for a small window air conditioner and use that now instead. I think we still have the unit and the remote if anyone needs parts etc. speak now.

Comment

I would be interested in it for parts! Do you still have the remote control?

Comment

Hello PaulaB . How much are you asking for the whole a/c unit ?

Comment

Yes, I have the remote. Don't know about price and parting out just yet. Hubby is in the midst of retiring and working long hrs. Give me about a week when he has time to breathe again.

Comment

Working...
                                X