Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding wind/rain side panels to rear galley?

I got a small Teardrop last autumn from a local guy in the Toronto (Ontario) area who manufactures them as a small business.It's a nice but no-frills little trailer, I have been adding little features myself. Seeing as my first use wasn't until late October I soon began considering about the possibility of some sort of fabric or tarp side panels for the rear galley hatch so that in poor weather you would not get so wet and not mutter so many swear words.

I have thought about simply draping a large tarp over the hatch, though not quite sure how i would keep it place. I have also thought about 2 side panels that could be attached by snaps or velcro to the underside of the rear hatch, though have not imagined it enough to figure out how to account for the curve of the hatch.

Anyhow, has anyone done something like this relatively successfully? Any ideas, suggestions or cautions are welcome!

cheers,
    ~neil

Check out the teardrop shop, they have a tail vale that goes over the galley. There are some individuals who also make "wings" for that space. A number of "home remedies" out there as well.
    "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

since the mid/late 1860's chuck wagon(chuck wagon invented in 1866) cooks have had a fly off the rear of their wagons over the tailboard for sun and rain protection

many cooks would erect side curtains for additional protection on one or both sides as needed

some later wagons like the ones set up on ranches to feed the hands at round up will enclose the entire area

the TearDrops w/ their rear hatches are simply a continuation of the chuck box/tailboard practice

there are any number of methods and as long as they work th'aint wrong

sw
      Attached Files

Comment

Meme makes them for the T@G and several other trailers. Here's her site: https://www.teardropgalleywingwalls.com/
        2016 NuCamp T@G Max Teardrop
        Co-Director Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by Ax-man

those look nice how are they in function
          They work great. Only problem is having to remove them to close the hatch since they have a wooden dowel inside to make them more rigid. I use them to block both sun and wind when I’m cooking.
          2016 NuCamp T@G Max Teardrop
          Co-Director Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by DollyDigital View Post
            Meme makes them for the T@G and several other trailers. Here's her site: https://www.teardropgalleywingwalls.com/
            My friend has these and she loves them.

Comment

I just took an older tarp and cut off two corners to make triangles and hold them in place with simple squeeze clamps when windy. Cheap and easy!

Comment

Working...
              X