Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geocaching?

Colin is at that age where he'd probably love to go on "treasure hunts", so I'm thinking about tracking down some geocaches this year. We actually stumbled across one of our boondocking trips last summer and thought it would be fun for the boys.

Has anyone else done it much? Recommendations for a device? I know the app is available on cell phones, but we're often in areas without service so I'm wondering if a handheld GPS would be better suited for us.

We have Geocached off and on for years, Have always just used our cell phones but we are usually just on road trips, There are soooo many caches in and around towns that we have never needed anything else but if yall are way out in the boonies then a GPS would probably be a must. Also what I have done on the odd occasion is when I have service to screenshot the cache location then its off into the boonies, but thats only for 1 or 2 caches. A little trial and error and yall will find what works best. good luck and happy caching. beware of muggles.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the input. I think we'll start with the cell phone and see how it all works out.

I had to look up the muggle reference... I knew it was from Harry Potter, but didnt realize it applied to geocaching

Comment

Working...
      X