Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxAir fan is gone!

My wife and I decided that camping in the summer in the Northern Plains required more than just a fan. MaxxFan begone! We installed a Nomadic X2 and life is different now. It's a 12 volt air-conditioner that is throwing 8100 btu's into an area the size of a queen bed. We will be packing a blanket this summer...lol. It's a mild 77°F this afternoon and it took 6½ minutes to cool it down to 69°F before we shut it down. I think this is going to get the job done on these hot, humid days when we are out Tear Jerkin! Reminder the unofficial Dakota's meet up is this June (See post on Dakota's site).

Comment

Hi,

How does the condensate run/drain?

Can you run it as a fan only?

Thank you

Comment

Greetings,
        We've run the air conditioner 5 days now and have found the condensate to run smoothly out of the front ports (See pic) We added hoses that really take the look of things the wrong direction. But, I didn't want the drainage to run down the camper side staining it. This is working, just looks trashy.

There is no fan per se, but we found setting the a. conditioner on economy setting the fan will run at what ever setting you choose. We then set the temperature setting just high enough that ac won't kick on, the fan runs all night/day this way. There is no venting in or out like a Maxx fan or Fantastic fan. We accept this as a trade off for ac. It just moved the air inside our camper.

Hope this helps!
        Attached Files

Comment

Possibly better picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X