Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum versus Facebook .

Been seeing a lot of tearjerker posts on Facebook . Not on the tearjerker site , but on the general site . Why are we ignoring our own forum when much of what is posted could be helpful and encouraging 🤔 to our new members ?

Unfortunately Facebook just gets 10000000x the traffic that the website does Any time I share something to the Liberty Bell TearJerkers group on Facebook I always point people back here. But people are just generally on Facebook a lot more (guilty myself).

Comment

I never use facebook for this forum. Nuf said

Dennis (DOM)

Comment

Thank you DOM !

Comment

I check in here every day. I have a Facebook account (out of necessity for a community service page I run), but have zero personal interaction on my account. I check the TearJerkers Facebook Group maybe once every couple of weeks or so.
          Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
          Retired, and Exploring the USA
          Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
          Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.O.M. View Post
            I never use facebook for this forum. Nuf said

Dennis (DOM)
            Ditto.
            Never have, never will. Would just leave the group if my only communication option was Faceberg.

Comment

It’s just the way it is now. FB is so much easier and convenient to take quick glances. But forum has so much more information.

Comment

i check the forum every morning

i check FB every morning

IMHO the more information(factual) i can gather makes me better rounded individual

FB does require one to weed out the crazies on a regular basis

verifying information using several sources helps vaidate it

when conflicting information pops up on my screen i research the sources and verify which information is factual and which isn't

sources of bunk get blocked/unfollowed ...

just this old man's MO

sw

Comment

I just set up a Facebook group for the Dixie Chapter. I did explain within the description that the main posts will still be on the TearJerker Forum. Facebook just gets so many views that I felt this was a way for more folks to find out about TearJerkers and the Dixie Chapter. It is also much easier way to post pictures of our Gatherings. So I feel they will work well together.

Comment

***IMHPO*** (in my honest personal opinion)....

Camping is supposed to be to unplug/disconnect from the stresses of home/city life, get away from EVERYTHING for a while, and enjoy the company of others that appreciate the great outdoors. While FB is a good resource for communication, it should be used sparingly at a gathering. One "authorized" use I'd approve of is sending a pic to someone that didn't come to a gathering, but constantly gripes about not enjoying things, to show them what they're missing. A lot of folks like that are lost causes, but Hey! more campsites open for us, right...?

DJ
                    LSCD

Comment

Working...
                    X