Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New (old) Camper's Maiden Voyage - and baby Colin's first camping trip!

On May 12 we welcomed our son, Colin, into the world, and I've been frantically trying to finish this 1971 Serro Scotty Hi-Lander since then. We bought it about two years ago and I've spent the past year rebuilding it from the ground up, knowing little Colin was on his way. Its basically a brand new camper, but we reused most of the exterior skins and pieces to keep the outside looking as original as possible.

This past weekend, we finally set out on the maiden voyage (for both Colin and the camper) into the mountains of Northern PA, and we couldn't have asked for better weather! I know, its not a teardrop (blasphemy!!), but the extra space is perfect for our little family, and will suit us well even as Colin grows. I know I say this about every build, but I think we'll be keeping this one for a long time. Can't wait for all the memories that have yet to come!

For anyone interested in seeing the progression of this Scotty I'll try to get a build-thread started soon.

And.... yes, I still have teardrop campers floating through my mind, and look forward to building another in the not-too-distant future. So don't kick me out of the club quite yet.

That is too much cuteness in one place. The Scotty looks pretty good too. Congrats on the baby. I am a mother of a son; always thought I wanted a girl, but the gender is not our choice. Enjoy that baby boy.

Comment

Zach, that interior looks so luxe! Congratulations on your growing family.

Comment

Working...
      X