Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I would like to see .

Tearjerkers are , by necessity , an inventive group . I'd like to see what you've done to increase storage space., add tables , etc .

Barb, for me the best accessory I have bought and it increases my covered area while camping has been my Clam Shelter. Our teardrops are where we sleep but if we don’t have comfortable living area outside for all weather, well it is just not as comfortable..

Comment

I'd love to answer, but Im still building..

So I guess my answer right now would be building a squaredrop instead of a tear. The shape gives different options. Such as: Since the rear is vertical, instead of sloping, I plan to have a flip up counter that will allow storing long/tall items like folding table, chairs, awning, ect. while in transit. Pull it all out and set it up once arrived and the counter flips back down for galley mode.

Comment

We have a 4x8 Teardrop The pop up clam is what we use Sleep in the Drop Everything else is the clam We bought the side curtains for it also
        Attached Files

Comment

I also have the Clam Traveler, with wind panels. It fits in the backseat floor, has plenty of room for me and dog and his stuff. With four wind panels, I can use a heater in it.

I just got a cutting board that fits over the stove to give a bit more space to put dinner together. Haven't tried it yet. So, can't light stove until removing it, of course.

I also got a table that is set up over the tire, so it can be level. I'm not sure I need it. The dog can reach anything on it. Haven't decided if I like it better than the folding bamboo table, but they are both useful.

Comment

I know this is an older thread but I think this kind of information is timeless so I'll bring it back to life...

I built what you might call a square drop but the back is flat, no transition. I did not opt for a galley but instead created what I call "the trunk". It's where we store all things camp site. In the camper you sleep feet forward and above your head and above the trunk inside is a 5x1 shelf for storage. In this arrangement it also made it possible to put shelves on the front wall. We use elastic cord to secure square baskets on the shelves for storage. We are still technically building but far enough along to start camping.

Next up will be cargo nets above the door and along the ceiling up front plus plenty of hooks. We'll see how this works on the next trip and then we'll tweak a little more.

On our first trip is became obvious we had no good place for drinks while inside so I picked up some fantastic cup holders. They mount to the wall and fold flat so they are out of the way when making the bed etc but fold out for use. They have adjustable arms to secure your drink and are wide enough to hold drinks even wider than a yeti drink cooler. Even better, they are larger and more heavy duty than all similar holders and made in the U.S.A.

I was going to add a side table that clipped to the side of the camper but opted instead for a folding kitchen that stores away in the "trunk". It plays the role of galley. Here is the table:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabelas-Deluxe-Camp-Kitchen.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	25081

I know many of you will have a galley but there are probably a few that don't. This folds up and stores in a carry bag. I'll try and remember to get some pics of the cup holders too.

Comment

Where did you get the folding kitchen? I think Cabela’s used to have something like this but it was crazy heavy

Comment

A little table I like, got on Amazon, a Portal. There are two sizes, I got the 36 inch long. All four legs are adjustable for uneven ground, and I'm always on uneven ground. It folds up and goes in a bag. Works good so far, next to the galley.

I always had a problem with where to put my trash bag. I got a Kelty bag that one can wash out inside, but plan to put a plastic trash bag inside it. I probably will hang it from a tree or from the roof basket on the trailer using a large "S" hook. I can close it and stuff it in the Xterra to keep raccoons from shredding it. I tried other trash containers, but they were not acceptable. This one should be good for a few days. Before, I was making numerous trips to the dumpster each day to keep the critters out.

In the inside cabinets for clothing and miscellaneous, I have some packing cubes.

In the galley, I have a magazine holder and use it for tinfoil, wax paper, etc. stored on end. I used stick-on padding to keep it from scratching paint, then put stuff against it so it can't fall over. Utensils and pots are in plastic boxes, without lids. Lids were always in the way. It looks a bit unorganized, but I can just grab stuff. I attached two 3M stick-on, clear plastic things on the galley wall for spices, don't use many, but now can find the salt and pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisCooper View Post
                  Where did you get the folding kitchen? I think Cabela’s used to have something like this but it was crazy heavy
                  I picked this up from Cabelas, it weighs 36 pounds. Cabelas had some older models that by the looks were very heavy! This one folds and fits in to a zippered bag with a handle.

Shop Cabela’s Deluxe Camp Kitchen, perfect for the campsite, tailgate, RV trip, or barbecues. Cabela’s camp kitchen folds up compactly for easy transport.

Comment

Working...
                  X