Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 2022 Adventure

Hi friends. We were at the Florida Chapter Groundhog Day gathering and I was talking about our pending adventure. We are leaving our home in Northeast Florida and headed cross country. The trip will cover more than 10,000 miles through 27 states over 11 weeks. Our stops will all be at least 2 nights and all but 3 of the days are under 350 miles.

We will travel to stops in Chattanooga, TN, Kentucky on the Mississippi River, Hannibal MO, Freemont NE, near where I lived 5 years, Mitchell SD, Custer SP / Rapid City SD, Sheridan WY, West Yellowstone MT (Yellowstone and GrandTetons), Missoula MT, Kennewick WA (Columbia River gorge), Tillamook OR, Bandon OR, Eureka CA (Redwoods NP), Salinas/Monterey Bay CA, Morro Bay CA, Ventura CA from where we will visit Channel Islands NP and Sequoia NP, Palm Springs CA / Joshua Tree NP, Zion / Bryce Canion UT, Holbrook AZ / Petrified Forest NP, Tucumcari NM, Tulsa OK, Nashville TN, Tyco VA in the Shenandoah for fall colors, Poinsett SP in SC and home.

Lots of sights and side stops are planned. We have 5 days in Rapid City and 7 days in Yellowstone area. Ventura and Palm Springs are visits and will be 4 nights each. A few 3 night stops and 11 weeks long. We have reservations for all stops except those that are not yet available. We will post during the trip and it's forever from now but the excitement is boiling over. We completely emptied the camper out after Groundhogs so we can figure and organize everything.

Just wanted to share this exciting adventure with everyone.

Waiting for updates and photos

Comment

I posted this early because I am excited about this adventure. We don't stat the trip for 5 more months. We head out mid August.

Comment

Only 2 and a half months. We are starting to get things together for the trip. I got a great deal on a pre-owned but still sealed dish system portable setup. We can still enjoy "our shows". My bride is going to look at blogging, but we have never done anything like that.

Comment

Mitch, keep me posted if she starts her blogging. I want to follow the adventure you two are going to have.

Comment

One way or another we will share our trip. Maybe here, hopefully on a blog. We just don't know how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchC View Post
              One way or another we will share our trip. Maybe here, hopefully on a blog. We just don't know how that works.
              Mitch, I used Wordpress to set up a blog that I started but never went very far with it. You can get a free version of Wordpress (which is what I had) and it is very easy to use. I like it a lot just found blogging was not something I enjoyed. If you want to see what I put together, check out http://Everydaywines.Wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will pass this on to my darling bride.

Comment

When are you going to start Mitch?

Comment

We are starting our adventure in Welaka/ Pomona Park, Florida. Im starting to count the days....

Comment

We start our adventure on 8/14. We are in the advanced list making stage!!! 30 days and counting!

Comment

when i see posts like this i can't help butting in w/ some of what i consider MUST INCLUDES

i feel sure there has been a huge amount of time and effort invested in planning already butt since you will be so close a/o passing thru some areas here are a few ideas you might consider

Cody, Wy has a fabulous museum that is well worth some time(1/2 day±)

The Center of the West is home to five world-class museums and a wealth of family-friendly activities. Plan your trip and buy your tickets today!

between Brice Canyon and Holbrook are the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon Dam, Walnut Canyon National Monument, Meteor Crater and Winslow("standing on a corner ... itsa a girl My Lord in a flatbed Ford)

Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.M7vpx7ukHlIIVC-_twgBvgHaE7.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	21659

hope i've stirred the pot

BON VOYAGE

sw

Comment

Originally posted by swoody126 View Post
                          when i see posts like this i can't help butting in w/ some of what i consider MUST INCLUDES

i feel sure there has been a huge amount of time and effort invested in planning already butt since you will be so close a/o passing thru some areas here are a few ideas you might consider

The Center of the West is home to five world-class museums and a wealth of family-friendly activities. Plan your trip and buy your tickets today!

between Brice Canyon and Holbrook are the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon Dam, Walnut Canyon National Monument, Meteor Crater and Winslow("standing on a corner ... itsa a girl My Lord in a flatbed Ford)

BON VOYAGE

sw
                          Thanks a million for the input. We have our route but will figure things to see along the route later. I appreciate your information. Winslow and the Meteor Crater are on the probably list.

Comment

With just 13 days left things are getting exciting. We decided to leave a day early and spend Sunday with friends at their home in Jacksonville, FL. We now leave 8/14. We have started advanced preparations. Putting together the grocery list and thinking about clothes. I need to add a satellite wall plug by the table. The original is by the bed and we will have the teevee on the dinette table. I am bringing our dish system online in a week so I can figure it out. I spent part of the day straightening out stuff that we have stuffed over the past few weeks. I am going to erect my homemade DIY awning system today for the first time. Getting ready!

Comment

don't forget WARM clothes

some of the areas you have listed can get quite chilly even in the dead of summer

sw

Comment

We are packing for both wardrobes! I will expect some cold weather.

Comment

Time to hit the pillow! Aiming at 7AM departure.

Comment

Originally posted by swoody126 View Post

BON VOYAGE

sw
                                    Hey! We were there too!!! 10/8/22 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221008_125447234.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	24606

Comment

Name:	IMG_20221008_125731068.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	24608 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221008_130603463.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	24609
                                      It is a"A girl, my Lord in a flatbed Ford!" and I took her home with me!

Comment

Working...
                                      X