No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone has knowledge of BoonDockersWelcome.com

Hey

I just came across this tonight on FB and wondered if anyone has used this $50 membership. Lot's of locations available and I prefer to boondock personally, kind of curious if anyone here has used this and what your thoughts are. Maybe its something you might be interested in. I am not associated with this in any way, but thought it might be interesting and beat a crowded campground.

Pete

I have not as it requires the RV to be self contained. "A self-contained RV is one that is set up to allow all functions of living (sleeping, eating, cooking, and sanitation) to be handled completely while inside the RV. You must have a toilet with a separate waste holding tank, and a sink that is installed, and the drain connected by plumbing to a grey water holding tank. A self-composting or portable toilet is acceptable but only if it has a separate sealed-off waste tank.:. We don't have a port-a-potty quite yet, but I guess if you have one you could stay.

Comment

Probably too late to the party to be helpful here, but we are Boondockers Welcome and Harvest Host all access
      members and have used it quite a bit since joining in October. We highly recommend it. The experiences we have had just because of this platform have been great and led to other unexpected roadside adventures.

I would contact them to ask whether you qualify as self-contained instead of voluntarily self-selecting out. We have a cassette toilet installed in our teardrop, but……we don’t use it because it broke. Ha. We started using a 5-gallon bucket inside the unit with a cheap seat from Walmart and Walmart camping waste bags made for this purpose. The bags are better than trash bags and kitty litter because they zip up the stink and hold it there until you can dispose of them. When we used the proper cassette toilet installed in the camper, we had some issues with smells wafting into the small
      living space. It wasn’t lovely. We also don’t have a sink installed inside the unit in an accessible location, but we do have a sink installed in the unit (back galley).

All that said, our recommendation for teardroppers interested in these programs is to get your gear together to be self-contained and then advertise to them that you are “fully self-contained so we never have to leave the trailer to use the restroom, cook, bathe, etc.”…and they’ll probably let you in. They really just don’t want people coming out of the camper for that stuff or dumping waste of any sort on the host property.

Comment

Working...
      X