Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much space around your mattress?

OK Tearjerkers, let me tap into your collective wisdom once again. I'm just about finished with the design phase and about to build my own. I'm wondering how much space I should leave around my mattress (if any) for changing sheets, etc. What works for you all?

Cheers!

We have a 5X8 squaredrop, which accommodates the Milliard 6" folding queen mattress with zero room around the edge. I have to slide in a couple of pieces of cedar closet liner (1/4" X 4") at each door to keep the mattress from bowing out the bottom of the door with bedding tucked around it. If I were doing it again, I'd go with the full size, and have a couple of inches on each side and ends.

While I like having the larger mattress, it is a pain to put on/take off sheets and tuck anything along the edges. Plus, the smaller full size would allow for circulation around and under the mattress to avoid mildew. I haven't had problems yet, but I'm more likely to without any circulation possible. Plus, a gap would allow for water bottle, tablet/phone, tomorrow's clothes, etc.

Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
    Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
    Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Matthew,

Check out my build log on Instructables. I detail what I did for my sleeping needs. Type "Instructables; DJ Davis; Home made teardrop camper" and you should see the link.

DJ
      LSCD

Comment

Working...
      X