Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer

We will be going to our first Tear Jerker event later this month at lake Jordan. Any insights as to what we should expect or what may be expected from us would be appreciated.

I haven't camped in my tear drop for four or five years since purchasing a small standy with a bathroom. But since getting used to the teardrop camping experience, I treat the slightly larger unit as if it was still a teardrop. weather report could be beneficial. If rain in the forecast I take a canopy that covers my tear hatch and provides a place to cook and outdoor living space out of the rain. If good weather is forecasted and I am only going to be at a site for several days, i forgo the canopy and just enjoy mother nature. All cooking done outside, so plan for dutch ovens or camp stove, fuel and outdoor kitchen stuff. You'll need a cooler for food and a place to lock it up to keep the critters out of it while you are sleeping. Just go and have fun. Rarely does it ever rain the entire time, although anyone who has ever camped can tell you that the rain never let up for days at a time. I am doing my first teardrop gathering this year with the Liberty bell chapter. I expect that I will find people like me who simply love camping and the company of other considerate campers. If you happen to forget something i am sure a new friend will help you out. If not there are stores around where you can get what you absolutely need. take a camera, and make some wonderful memories!

Art

Comment

For your first time (and likely anytime), Prepare like you would be tent camping. Cuz' it's pretty much the same except your sleeping and cooking area is more comfortable and is pretty much set up when you arrive! Good luck and happy camping!

Comment

Working...
      X