Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise wanted…

What does everyone think about a 12 foot x7 foot frame from a pop up being used to make a square drop with a roof with 6 foot ceiling in it. All for 2500 lbs. am I dreaming too big? I don’t want much more then a bed and storage in the camper.

Chuck,

A bare frame is a blank canvas. Go for your needs, not what anyone else has done. By all means look at all the variations and incorporate any features you like into your design, but ultimately...let go of any reservations and just GO FOR IT! And remember...you're never finished with a camper project. You'll almost always tweak something that's not quite right and/or add additional features that actual use will dictate. As they say in the Army, a well made plan lasts only until contact with the enemy. Same for camper plans. Reality WILL adjust things as you go along. Be flexible, reach out to the forum for ideas and feedback, and "Git 'er dun!"

DJ
    LSCD

Comment

I've seen quite a few "builds" using the chassis from an old pop-up. My only advice is to make sure the chassis is in good shape and replace the wheel bearings with new and keep them properly greased.

Comment

Working...
      X