Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold weather camping with a T@B400

Contemplating taking my T@B400 out this winter to do some camping. Now, I know I won't be able to have any water in the plumbing system (RV anti-freeze, yes,) but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should consider before making plans. If / when I do this, it would only be for a couple nights (Fri-Sun)

For instance, should I plan to rig up some sort of "skirt" around the bottom of the camper to help insulate a bit? Or can I get away with leaving it "au naturel?"

We'd be on sites with electric hookup, which would let me run the heat off electric rather than propane, or should I just run it off the propane?

Any suggestions on cold weather camping in a T@B will be appreciated.

Jason,

I'd recommend an electric blanket first; if you have to go out and open a door, you just snuggle back under the warm blanket on your return. Your electric heater is good (dry heat) since you'll have shore power, but all your heat rushes out when you open a door. But then a small teardrop heats up relatively quickly, so...meh. Propane is OK, but it has moisture as a by-product of combustion, so that will give you condensation if not adequately vented overnight. Sometimes there's a fine balance between comfy and suffocated/swimming. Re: skirting Nah, the floors/your mattress will give you enough insulation from cold below and disconnected/dry you'll have no freezing plumbing issues, so I say there's no reason for a trailer skirt. For an extended stay, maybe, but that's just one more thing to haul around.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_and_Kat View Post
      Contemplating taking my T@B400 out this winter to do some camping. Now, I know I won't be able to have any water in the plumbing system (RV anti-freeze, yes,) but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should consider before making plans. If / when I do this, it would only be for a couple nights (Fri-Sun)

For instance, should I plan to rig up some sort of "skirt" around the bottom of the camper to help insulate a bit? Or can I get away with leaving it "au naturel?"

We'd be on sites with electric hookup, which would let me run the heat off electric rather than propane, or should I just run it off the propane?

Any suggestions on cold weather camping in a T@B will be appreciated.
      If you've got electric hookup, I'd use that instead of wasting your propane. A heated mattress pad is reaaaaaaaallly nice to have. Electric blankets aren't bad either, but a heated mattress pad is amazing! As DJ said, I wouldn't worry about the trailer skirting either. These little campers don't have much in the way of insulation to begin with, so adding a skirt won't make a difference.

Comment

Now I just need to get over my nerves about this and make the campsite reservation!

Comment

A warm woman works well for me!

Comment

Working...
          X