Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret of the Orange Bars

It's a very cold day here in Delaware, so I decided to visit the Tear Jerkers page and dream about camping. As I perused the pages and posts, I noticed something that I haven't paid any attention to before.
    On each post, below the profile picture, there is or is not an orange colored bar. And when I held my cursor on the little orange bar, a cute little Easter Egg message appeared. Further, it seems that TJ's that have more posts have a bigger orange bar. More further, as I became more curious it occurred to me that one likely gets a bigger bar for each 25 post increment.

Has anyone else made this observation? Is this a nefarious game our Fearless Leader (Zach) is playing with us? Or am I just really bored on a cold day with nothing else to do? What say you?

Yes, I'm still schlepping around the site and have been reading lots of the interesting posts from my fellow TJ's and am now up to 75 posts with no increase in the size of my orange bar. Once I post this, I'll be at 75 and will find out if I move to the next tier!

Wish me luck and something else to do

Comment

Still Just at two bars. Maybe I need a letter of recommendation from Zach?

Comment

Or is it related to the number of "Likes" one gets?

Comment

Aha! When looking at the Member List I noticed that the orange bars indicate "Reputation." So the question now is how do TJ's improve their "Reputation?"

Someone has to know.....

Comment

When someone “likes” a post by clicking on the thumbs-up icon, it helps to improve the recipient’s reputation. It is not based on quantity of posts, but quality.
            Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
            Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
            Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

So, this guy walks into an Orange Bar with a grapefruit on his shoulder. And the bartender says ________________!

Comment

HaHa. too much time on your hands.You need to get out camping

Comment

OK, Chris...I'll give it a try! And the bartender says: "Hey, Grapefruit...! No pets or support animals are allowed in here!!!"

Comment

My hidden Easter egg message just changed! It was "is just really nice" and now "is a glorious beacon of light." However, I feel like a dim-bulbed flashlight with a very low battery on a foggy evening. Squint and ya might notice me...!

Comment

Originally posted by Camper Chris View Post
                      So, this guy walks into an Orange Bar with a grapefruit on his shoulder. And the bartender says ________________!
                      Alright DJ, Here's another "punch" line. "You two better get out of here before someone beats the pulp out of you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Camper Chris View Post

Alright DJ, Here's another "punch" line. "You two better get out of here before someone beats the pulp out of you!"
                        You win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Davis View Post

You win!!!
                          Those Orange Bars are tough places! I ain't Lymon to you!!!

Comment

Orange you glad, cumquat may, such places citrus over the county lime?

Comment

• Camper Chris
                              Camper Chris commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I never citrus such corn in all my life!

" You can stay, but your friend has got to go. He looks like a real sour puss!"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211005_161104708.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	30340 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210930_163535906~3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	30341 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211001_170908672.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	30342 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211003_160804606.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	30343

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210930_170405289.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	30344

DJ - Here are a few pics from our Tejas trip a few years ago! Susie as the prettiest bar fly in Gurene, TX; Big Bend, NP and "wet backing" on the Rio Grande (yeah, we crossed to the other side for a few) and Dog Canyon camp ground in Guadeloupe NP!

Comment

Working...
                              X