Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip Plans????

I've been putting together our summer 2023 Road/Camping Trip and thought others might like to share their plans too! By doing so, you might inspire others to take their teardrops into new places. And maybe get some good suggestions from other chapters!!!

I gotta give a shout-out to Steve Morris (Ohio Buckeye Chapter) for suggesting a campground and a cool activity in the Mansfield, OH area. We were just going to overnight near there and shove off in the AM to get to our first Great Lake camp, but after Steve told me (in a chat) that the Ohio State Reformatory is in Mansfield, we just knew we had to tour it. It's the prison that was used in the movie Shawshank Redemption !!! We'll post pictures when we get back!

So, out trip will be from Delaware to Mansfield, OH then to Harrisville, SP in Michigan - Lake Huron. Then up into Canada and Lake Superior Provincial Park after which we will head west across the top of Lake Superior to Sleeping Giant P,P, Then through Grand Portage and back in the USA to Tettagouche SP, MN. We're bringing our kayaks and hope to paddle a little bit of the Boundary Waters! After this camp we'll turn back east to Copper Falls SP, Wisconsin then on to Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore on the Upper Peninsula of MI. The last camp will be on the Lake Michigan side of that state at Orchard Beach SP. After that it'll be time to go home and mow the lawn!!!

So, Where are you going???

Funny you should ask, we are going on a 2-week trip starting this Friday. Southern Maryland to Fayetteville NC overnight (Fayetteville RV Resort), then 2 nights in Savannah GA (Fort McAllister State Historic Site), 5 nights in Lake Worth FL (John Prince Park Campground), 2 nights in St. Augustine FL (Sun Outdoors resort), 2 nights in Charleston SC (James Island County Park), 1 night in New Bern NC (New Bern KOA), then back home. This will let us cross SC, GA, and FL off our state list in a single trip.

Gena
    2016 NuCamp T@G Max Teardrop
    Co-Director Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by Camper Chris View Post
      I've been putting together our summer 2023 Road/Camping Trip and thought others might like to share their plans too! By doing so, you might inspire others to take their teardrops into new places. And maybe get some good suggestions from other chapters!!!

I gotta give a shout-out to Steve Morris (Ohio Buckeye Chapter) for suggesting a campground and a cool activity in the Mansfield, OH area. We were just going to overnight near there and shove off in the AM to get to our first Great Lake camp, but after Steve told me (in a chat) that the Ohio State Reformatory is in Mansfield, we just knew we had to tour it. It's the prison that was used in the movie Shawshank Redemption !!! We'll post pictures when we get back!

So, out trip will be from Delaware to Mansfield, OH then to Harrisville, SP in Michigan - Lake Huron. Then up into Canada and Lake Superior Provincial Park after which we will head west across the top of Lake Superior to Sleeping Giant P,P, Then through Grand Portage and back in the USA to Tettagouche SP, MN. We're bringing our kayaks and hope to paddle a little bit of the Boundary Waters! After this camp we'll turn back east to Copper Falls SP, Wisconsin then on to Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore on the Upper Peninsula of MI. The last camp will be on the Lake Michigan side of that state at Orchard Beach SP. After that it'll be time to go home and mow the lawn!!!

So, Where are you going???

Will you stop at the NuCamp factory in Sugar Creek, OH?

Gena
      2016 NuCamp T@G Max Teardrop
      Co-Director Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by DollyDigital View Post
        Funny you should ask, we are going on a 2-week trip starting this Friday. Southern Maryland to Fayetteville NC overnight (Fayetteville RV Resort), then 2 nights in Savannah GA (Fort McAllister State Historic Site), 5 nights in Lake Worth FL (John Prince Park Campground), 2 nights in St. Augustine FL (Sun Outdoors resort), 2 nights in Charleston SC (James Island County Park), 1 night in New Bern NC (New Bern KOA), then back home. This will let us cross SC, GA, and FL off our state list in a single trip.

Gena
        Way cool!!! Sounds like a great trip and a few more state stickers on the map!! We'll keep our finger crossed for good weather!!! AND, will look forward to some photos!

Didn't know about the NuCamp factory. I'll check the map to see if it's not too off-route!

Comment

Originally posted by DollyDigital View Post

Will you stop at the NuCamp factory in Sugar Creek, OH?

Gena
          Wow!! It sure isn't very far from Mansfield and certainly is a must see! and I bet they wouldn't mind a TJ doing an overnight there and a factory tour in the AM!

I just checked their website and they are doing g a week-long camping event near the factory in June!

Comment

Working...
          X