Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Teardrop trailer blog

So, my winter project was creating a Teardrop blog. I know, there's several out there already! But I was essentially trying to create the content that would have been useful to me when I was considering, then subsequently getting into, Teardropping.

Lots or practical how (as well as why) pieces, esp on power systems. And as a bonus, a Canadian focus on some of the geographic content.

hints, hacks & know-how for teardrop trailer life

This is just a personal project fed by my Teardropping interests and completely non-commercial... no ads, no links, no sponsored content, and any products mentioned or obviously identifiable were purchased by me through regular retail channels.

I spent Jan+Feb building up core content so there was some substance, and now it will move forward as a blog does with occasional posts on a variety of Teardrop-related topics.

The content is oriented to typical smaller Teardrops, more so than T@Bs and the like. I hope you find something useful there, even for some of you experienced Teardroppers.

~Neil
    Owen Sound, ON, Canada

Neil,

Nice work, but you have some stiff competition from the "Playing With Sticks" blog on YouTube. You might check out their stuff and fill in what you think he may have missed.

DJ
    LSCD

Comment

I just stumbled across Neil’s blog and I found it to be very thorough and it really covers a lot of topics. I really find it much more useful than “Playing with Sticks”. They cover mostly teardrop trailers but Neil covers how you might outfit your trailer to have the best camping experience possible. My compliments to Neil.

Comment

Dan,

I beg to differ. Were you only viewing the newer stuff? If so, you should check out some of their older posts. I particularly liked the storage and organization tip video PWS had. It wasn't aimed at just teardroppers, it was applicable to any sized rig. Drew has documented their experiences with teardrops, pop-ups, and small vintage campers, but, Yes, mainly tears. Not saying one is better than the other, just that there's the opportunity to complement each other and cover new topics.

DJ

Comment

Just read your article on Finding Your Groove on Road Trips. Excellent article. I especially like when you say, "flowing through a road trip". You mentioned that weather plays a big part in a camping experience and having the flexibility to find better pasture truly improves your trip. In Texas we have a saying, "Wait a minute and the weather will change". I have experienced all four seasons in one day in Texas. I own a teardrop and a larger trailer and I find that when I take the teardrop camping, I find I'm able to adapt my schedule and campsites easier than my big trailer. It's like traveling through an airport with a backpack versus luggage. Any who, Great work on your blog. Keep it going Neil.

Comment

Neil, thank you for your Teardrop trailer blog. The site is well laid out and easy on the eyes in terms of aesthetics. On top of that, the content is excellent as I have already read 7-8 posts. Consider your blog bookmarked! I am definitely hooked on teardrop camping after bumping into a teardrop expo up in the UP of Michigan a couple of years ago. While I'm here, I might as well solicit some input on tow vehicles. I met a nice couple while camping and they were towing their teardrop with a Sprinter van that had been turned into a "garage" of toys: bikes, kayaks, etc. They claimed that they didn't even feel the camper behind them and that the profile of the van prevented aerodynamic drag from the teardrop thereby helping fuel economy. That got me to thinking of doing something similar with a van but also outfitting it as a hangout spot in inclement weather. What are your thoughts? Would like to hear from other folks as well. Again, thanks for your wonderful blog.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and kind words Greg. As I say on the blog, I am trying to create the kind of content that would have been most useful to me as I was starting into Teardropping.
              Related, I just added a post on "Teardrop Toiletting"... my own experience and methods... but I am interested to have others here add their comments with additional ways they handle it.
              See https://teardroptrailertravels.ca/20...ler-toileting/
              An unavoidable, even if mostly unspoken, logistical consideration for Teardrop trailer outings is toileting. When people first see a little Teardrop camper they might wonder—Is there a toilet in th…

Comment

Working...
              X