Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Eclipse 2024

I wuz just wondering if any chapters (or on a national level - hmmm Zach) if any plans have been made for a TJ get together for the 4/8/24 solar eclipse that will stretch from Texas to Maine??? It surely would be a great event to share together!!!

https://eclipse.aas.org/eclipse-america-2024

The Ohio and Pennsylvania T@B and friends ( it’s a Facebook group) are going to east harbor state park in Ohio. The group campsite is filled up, but some that needed electric got individual sites. You’re supposed to have a Nucamp T@B or T@G.

Comment

We are going to Big Bone Lick State Historic Site in KY 7-11 April to see it.
      2016 NuCamp T@G Max Teardrop
      Co-Director Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Comment

Thanks Dennis! Looks like a great location for viewing the eclipse! I, however, before getting your response had made reservations at Pymatuning State Park, PA, just south of Erie. It's a shorter drive from Delaware and most practical since we are only staying two nights. Also looks like just as good a site for viewing (provided the weather cooperates). There were still a number of sites still available at PSP (electric and showers). just looked at where Litiz is and you're not too far from me! Thanks again and enjoy the black-out!!!

Comment

We bought our 2016 T@B in 2019, privately from a couple in Milton DE. He was a tall guy, they bought a single axle Airstream but they had to raise the garage header before they could park it in.

Comment

Heartland has a gathering here in Missouri, but unfortunately the campground is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Camper Chris View Post
              Thanks Dennis! Looks like a great location for viewing the eclipse! I, however, before getting your response had made reservations at Pymatuning State Park, PA, just south of Erie. It's a shorter drive from Delaware and most practical since we are only staying two nights. Also looks like just as good a site for viewing (provided the weather cooperates). There were still a number of sites still available at PSP (electric and showers). just looked at where Litiz is and you're not too far from me! Thanks again and enjoy the black-out!!!
              Its a great idea Chris! Unfortunately mine and my wife schedule doesn't work out with the date of the eclipse, but if you post your plans in the Liberty Bell Chapter forum you may get some other interest. Wish we could join in on the fun. I'm actually surprised Pymatuning has any campsites left - that's already a really popular campground and I know other campgrounds in the path of the eclipse have been booked for months.

Comment

I'm kinda new here but have been planning this trip since 2021!
                leaving St Petersburg on the 3rd of April and heading to Waco lake RV campgrounds then winding my way home via Cheaha Mountain, highest evalation in the state of Alabama! I've never taken 10 days off in a row for over 30 years.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Quillin View Post
                  I'm kinda new here but have been planning this trip since 2021!
                  leaving St Petersburg on the 3rd of April and heading to Waco lake RV campgrounds then winding my way home via Cheaha Mountain, highest evalation in the state of Alabama! I've never taken 10 days off in a row for over 30 years.....
                  Sounds like an amazing trip! Better take plenty of pictures to share with us!! Sounds like you've earned those 10 days!

Comment

Totality is the ONLY way to go!!!!! The weather was forecast-ed to be cloudy during the eclipse for the Erie, PA area

But, the clouds cleared in time for the event and we enjoyed Solar Eclipse 2024 at Pymatuming SP, in NW PA!! I hope everyone who traveled to other areas had an equally amazing experience! AND Hats Off to the Pennsylvania State Park folks for opening the campground a week early just for the eclipse viewers!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240408_151611215[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	31561 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240408_151611215[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	31563 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240408_151457596[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	31562 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240408_143941731[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	31564 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240408_190758477[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.15 MB ID:	31565 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240408_190738652[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	31566

Comment

It was a really neat experience. We left Potter County Friday morning. I wanted to drive US 6 the whole way out, because US 6 runs along Lake Erie in Ohio. I dewinterized the camper Thursday and filled up with water. It snowed off and on the whole way across PA. Our cabin is 1/2 mile south of US 6 so that’s another reason to take 6. Click image for larger version  Name:	C147854D-4BDC-41C9-B321-27B39B70B8D8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	31574

Comment

We reached East Cleveland at 3:30pm. I had wanted to drive straight through Cleveland, but traffic was too heavy. So we got on the bypass and got back on US 6 after Cleveland. We arrived at East Harbor state park after 5pm, around 9 hrs on the road. We were in a group camp area, no hookups. $20.00 for 4 nights. The 2 solar panels kept us charged. It was cold until Sunday. Click image for larger version

Name:	7D5E72EC-B1EC-4765-8E71-6E6CEA994FDF.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	31576

Comment

There were about 20 of us T@B campers and 35 people. Click image for larger version

Name:	F3D9FC7B-4E8A-4862-BC7B-6CDD5C54B839.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	31578

Comment

I was surprised how dark it got. Click image for larger version

Name:	02AFF0EE-7317-46F6-975C-E0AC8543D92F.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	31580 Click image for larger version

Name:	105DFC2C-07A5-4682-8371-961516388DD4.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	31581

Comment

There was a scout troop that came on Friday. I walked over to see them and their flag said Lebanon PA. Click image for larger version

Name:	F777EA6D-6D98-44A6-AC05-D336A630098A.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	31583

Comment

This was Suzy’s 1st camping trip in the teardrop. She’s 7 months old. This was along Lake Erie, Port Clinton lighthouse. Click image for larger version

Name:	94C7EBD0-7BA9-4249-BA27-F135481E86E8.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	31585 Click image for larger version

Name:	E3ADF369-AF3E-4ADE-853E-E4FE345461CB.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	31586

Comment

Marblehead lighthouse. Click image for larger version

Name:	1949C741-63F4-4DFF-9F20-41365E6F476D.jpg
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	31588

Comment

Should have a better camera, but then I probably wouldn’t know how to use it. Click image for larger version

Name:	5D97975D-C85C-4B9C-A678-DC39D118848F.jpg
Size:	811.9 KB
ID:	31593 Click image for larger version

Name:	B285342E-5262-4A67-9E9E-200E72F115BD.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	766.7 KB
ID:	31594

Comment

Very cool experience for sure! Thanks for sharing the photos!

While you all were out having fun, I was stuck at work keeping that Social Security alive Our office did get a bunch of glasses and were able to go outside to check things out. Pretty cool thing to witness, even though we were only about 85% totality.

Comment

Zach, Thanks for keeping the ole Social Security coming in!!! AND thanks for "Like"ing my post/photos!!!! I've been trying to improve my "reputation"/orange bar for some time now with very limited success I've been "just really nice" for too long

It is my experience that even when an interesting post is made (not only by myself) Tear-Jerkers rarely give a "thumbs -up..... Which leads to the question: Why don't Tear-Jerkers "Like" each other very much???

Comment

Because we're tearJERKerS.

Comment

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I thought it had something to do with the motion of a small trailer being pulled over a bumpy road at high speeds

Comment

I am late to doing this, but here are some from The Heartland Chapter.

Comment

Very nice Mary!!! Your photo of totality is crystal clear and you even captured the "Red Dot" of the solar protrusion!!! That was a real bonus surprise!!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                                                X