No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Board

Good morning members,
    I have not posted in awhile, especially when Zach worked hard to create this new board for you, the members & myself. When I changed years ago from a Yahoo Group to the Tearjerkers PHPbb, I heard nothing but Why? This is too hard to navigate? Well, now it was time to advance & create a new board. I am not a computer savvy person. So I intern listened to a person I trust; Zach. Believe me, people, he knows his stuff. The fellow I've used for years who hosts Tearjerkers gave me a Thumbs Up after working with Zach to make this happen. I truly hope you enjoy it.

This brings me to my second post; BIRTHDAYS
    Years ago when I started Tearjerkers, I wanted to follow something my Hot Rod Group did. We would wish our members, their spouses a Happy Birthday when it was their birthday. No big deal or as I thought. Members kept joining the old site, but never put their date of birth. So I had posted to send my email your birthday, wife & kids living at home. I posted those each month. Some of you complained you weren't up there.
    This new group has a place to put birthdays. PLEASE! PLEASE! Go to your information page & put in the dates. If you have a problem, please email me at tearjerkers@gmail.com & in the subject area put Birthdays with names & dates.

It's gotten to be too much to do with the membership always growing. If you look at the home page when you log on, you will see at the bottom of the page Birthday Celebrations..

Stay safe & be well.. Hopefully this will end before we know it.

A Huge Thank You to Veterans All Over & families that have Service Members Overseas; As a Retired Veteran myself, I THANK EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU.

Let me say Thank You to my Administrators & Chapter Directors, Co Directors & Social Directors. To Past Admionistrators, Directors, Co Directors & Social Directors; Thank you too. I couldn't have done it without your help.

Todd Brunengraber
    Founder

Thanks Todd, stay safe. We are thinking of you and your family.

Comment

Hi Todd (and Zach)
      Unfortunately, I am still getting complaints from our PNW Chapter members that are trying to sign in or up for the "New Forum Format".... that they are not able to do so!
      As, Zach made it easy for me (don't remember how, as I am getting old, and can hardly remember yesterday anymore) but, WHY is there this problem??
      Brian
      PNW Chapter & B.C. Chapter Director

Comment

Originally posted by Vedette View Post
        Hi Todd (and Zach)
        Unfortunately, I am still getting complaints from our PNW Chapter members that are trying to sign in or up for the "New Forum Format".... that they are not able to do so!
        As, Zach made it easy for me (don't remember how, as I am getting old, and can hardly remember yesterday anymore) but, WHY is there this problem??
        Brian
        PNW Chapter & B.C. Chapter Director
        We're already at nearly 1000 members since re-launching the forum, so I'm not sure who is having what issues. A small percentage of members had issues receiving the activation email - which was eventually found in their spam/junk folder. I've personally reached out on multiple occasions to any user I see stuck in the "Waiting for Email Activation" usergroup, and have been able to get people sorted out.

The only other thing we've received messages about is people trying to log in using their username and password from the old forum. After we received a few messages about that, we revised our registration instructions, welcome message, and alerts to make it more clear that everyone must register as a new user.

Aside from those two issues, we had not been aware of anyone having any other issues until now. If you can be more specific, then I can certainly help get things sorted out. But just saying that people are not able to register is too vague. At the bottom of every page, there is a link to the "Contact Us" form that can be used to reach out for any issue at all. Its available to members and guests. I've also made myself available in the Facebook group for those members who are active on there, and I can be reached at zach@tearjerkers.net and also on my cell phone (717) 451-6255.

Comment

Thanks Todd. Stay safe and healthy
          It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who you have beside you

Comment

Good to see you Todd, be safe, thinking you are in the "Hot Bed" of the Coronavirus!! Hope to meet up with you again one of these days around a campfire...

Comment

Working...
            X