Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 Update

It appears that many regions are on the downswing of this pandemic, and we have it in our highest hopes that trend continues.

More and more states are taking a leap of faith to reopen their economies based on the most current information and statistics available to them. At this time, Chapter Directors are to adhere to their states guidelines, in regards to travel restrictions and sizes of permitted group gatherings. Potluck dinners and other shared-meals at gatherings are not permitted for the foreseeable future. Members may still gather at meal times, assuming social distancing guidelines are maintained.

Many states are instituting phased reopening plans, allowing travel in portions of the state that were less impacted, while other counties in that state continue to be under travel restrictions. No gatherings may be held in a county under travel restrictions. If you live in a travel-restricted county, do not travel from your county to attend a TearJerkers Gathering.

If you are showing symptoms, or think you have been exposed to the virus, do not attend any gathering until you are cleared by a licensed medical professional.

Directors reserve the right, and have the full support of the Administration, to cancel any Gathering for any reason.

Please, be safe and follow the CDC recommendations for social distancing and increased personal hygiene. For information on the prevention of Covid-19, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...revention.html

"In the end, we will never know if we overreacted, but it will be quite apparent if we didn't do enough."

Thank you for your understanding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1284.jpg
Views:	13661
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	5063
    Life moves a little slower on Teardrop Time...

Smart thinking Zack!
    🍺 Asheville George 🍻

Comment

It’s easy to start with your state’s guidelines.. we are hearing that some states won’t let you camp with out of state plates.
      Then research the individual campground’s covid policy...with an abundance of caution and w the reduced staffing some campgrounds aren’t opening restrooms because they can’t keep them sanitized. Some campgrounds are requiring only self contained campers. The protocol may be different for private campgrounds and state/federal ones. And there is always the sad truth that things may turn again and restrictions will be tightened again. Make sure we keep the info up to date here!!

Comment

Wise words of wisdom Zack. Let’s keep everyone safe during these trying times. Being a Newbie I so wanted to hit the road this summer. Now not sure when I can join a gathering...maybe not till next year I’m thinking. Take cart Tribe and Happy Camping where ever you park. Blessings, Kathy Lynn from Tampa, Florida

Comment

Zach-

Good Stuff!!!

Cheers,

Coop

Comment

Thank you, Zach, for taking a sensible stand for the group. We had planned to spend the whole summer on the road in our little canned ham, but not this year. Not safe nor smart. Stay safe everyone! Be proud of your strength and wisdom, in following the Stay Home, Stay Safe guidelines in your state.

Comment

I agree 100% 👍 We have reservations for Acadia this fall but now is not a good time for a road trip. God willing we may be able to reschedule for next year. 🤞
              Stay prudent and stay safe.😷❤️

Comment

Well it appears the camp grounds are opening up and hopefully we can get out soon. In the meantime Patti and I may just camp out back in the yard. We have 5 acres and plenty of room to camp. My concern is going to a camp grounds is the restrooms and showers. Just a little cautious right now let's see how things look in a month.

Comment

We do miss the group!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Hughes View Post
                    Well it appears the camp grounds are opening up and hopefully we can get out soon. In the meantime Patti and I may just camp out back in the yard. We have 5 acres and plenty of room to camp. My concern is going to a camp grounds is the restrooms and showers. Just a little cautious right now let's see how things look in a month.
                    Hmmm.. does this sounds like an open invite for all TearJerkers!!

HAHA just kidding! Does sound great though! Stay safe... plenty of time to go camping yet~

Comment

Thanks for the post. Stay safe everyone!

Comment

We just camped Memorial Day Weekend at a family campground in Va. They made sure we wore masks while inside their buildings, kept 6 ft apart indoors, and kept campers 20 ft apart. Several amenities were closed, like the pool and rec room, but boats, kayaks and mini golf were open- just limited number of people and wiped down all golf balls and clubs. Delaware campsites are opening June 1, and they’re lifting restrictions on out of state guests. We’re still camping...so far so good.

Comment

• Wayne in Maryland
                          Wayne in Maryland commented
                          Editing a comment
                          excellent, see ya down the road

It is better to be safe for sure. We are in southern Ontario and still waiting for the provincial parks to allow camping. We can visit to walk or bike in them but not camp yet. Proposed date for camping is June 12 but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Dickinson View Post
                          It is better to be safe for sure. We are in southern Ontario and still waiting for the provincial parks to allow camping. We can visit to walk or bike in them but not camp yet. Proposed date for camping is June 12 but we will see.
                          We have an Ontario Provincial Park reservation for the first week of July and so far it has NOT been cancelled on us. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Comment

Well I have camped from Georgia to Delaware and then to Texas in the past 3 weeks. I stayed in VA, DE, SC,LA and Texas. Most campgrounds were open including the bathhouses. One told me I had to be self contained. I didn’t see many people wearing wearing masks but were social distancing. I wear my mask and social distance all the time. I never used the facilities when I got gas because I had my own and I used my own shower. I am staying In my Runaway at my sons in TX for a couple of weeks do to some family issues and heading home soon. I will do the same thing going home. We went for a ride yesterday to Fredericksburg TX. Big tourist place. Never got out of the car and very few (8) people wore masks and very little social distancing. You just have to be careful and do what you are comfortable with. Stay safe everyone

Comment

Thanks for the update and headsuphead.
                              Stay safe and love neighbor

Comment

Working...
                              X