No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles .... I checked the outgoing email log on our server and there were 7 emails sent to you from siteadmin@tearjerkers.net, and one from zach@tearjerkers.net. All are shown as accepted by your server.

Click image for larger version

Name:	charles email.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2110

Comment

Received 6 of them today.
      The other came a couple days ago
      Thank you Zach
      Charles . . . . http://www.isleepinit.com

Comment

Strange how they came through in a bunch, but at least you're now getting them.

Comment

Seriously though, since I now camp most of the time in my Casita, am I still welcome at an outing if I don't bring the teardrop? Being honest I've never made an outing to camp at, I've just walked through the campground several times and talked with folks. I suspect that since my dog generally goes with me, I'll be on the fringes of most events I attend in the future.

Art

Comment

Originally posted by ArtB View Post
            Seriously though, since I now camp most of the time in my Casita, am I still welcome at an outing if I don't bring the teardrop? Being honest I've never made an outing to camp at, I've just walked through the campground several times and talked with folks. I suspect that since my dog generally goes with me, I'll be on the fringes of most events I attend in the future.

Art
            Art, you're welcome to join us any time! Typically we try to camp at campsites that allow pets (my wife and I have 2 beagles), and the TearJerkers is not an exclusive teardrop-only group. We've had many members that have up-sized over the years for various reasons, and that would be silly of us to exclude them based on that choice. Hope you can join us again sometime!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Morris View Post
              Zach , another suggestion. Somewhere on the Home page, can you add a link to the old forum for archival reference?
              Zach I think this might have been when you were under the weather, so at the risk of being a nuisance, I'll post again.

Thanks,
              Steve
              Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
              Retired, and Exploring the USA
              Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
              Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

• Zach
                Zach commented
                Editing a comment
                Down in the footer at the very bottom there is a link. It was pointed out to the Directors, but we dont want a lot of traffic back over there.

• Steve Morris
                Steve Morris commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah! Sorry, I didn't notice that down there. I thought I looked everywhere before. Thanks!

I just noticed that we have a number of new events in PNW Chapter and they show in the Gatherings list but not on the Gatherings Calendar.
              -- Paul

Personal Website

Comment

• Zach
                Zach commented
                Editing a comment
                This new software has a built-in 'forum calendar'. As Directors create events, they automatically get listed on the 'forum calendar' and show up in the various gathering lists that appear throughout the forum. Then we also have our Google-based gathering calendar that we've used for years. This calendar has always required manual input, and still does. So Gatherings may not show up there right away, but they will. We're looking at ways to connect the two, but right now it does not work like that. Brian just posted the PNW and BC Gatherings this weekend, and I've not had the time to update the main calendar.

How do you PM someone?

Comment

• Wayne in Maryland
                Wayne in Maryland commented
                Editing a comment
                I have gone to Member list, found their name and then there is a link on the right to send a PM....(I am not sure if PM and messaging are the same thing)

Originally posted by Barb bulfinch View Post
              How do you PM someone?
              Hi Barb, there are a few options. First, if you are viewing a discussion like this one, you will find a 'message bubble' next to each users name. You can click on that and it will open the message dialog.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	3257

Second option... if you know the username of the person, you can click "Messages" in the gray user bar at the top of your window (just to the left of your username), and then select "New Message". In the message dialog, you can start typing the username of the person you want to message, and a list should pop up of similar usernames, and you can select who you want.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	3256

And to clarify for Wayne in Maryland , using messenger on here is the same thing as sending a PM.

Comment

Hmmm, No bubble for me. Mac OS 10.15 using Safari 13.0.5

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 9.30.01 AM.png
Views:	549
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	3342
                Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Morris View Post
                  Hmmm, No bubble for me. Mac OS 10.15 using Safari 13.0.5
                  Interesting. Is it just mine that is missing? Or do you not see any bubbles next to any names?

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Engle View Post

Interesting. Is it just mine that is missing? Or do you not see any bubbles next to any names?
                    I don't see them anywhere.

[EDIT] I also just tried with my content blocker turned off, and still no bubbles.
                    Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

• Zach
                      Zach commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's because you disabled VB Messenger in your User Settings, under Account Settings. That's why your name has an envelope next to it, rather than a message bubble. With VB Messenger turned off, you can only send/receive messages through the message center.

• Steve Morris
                      Steve Morris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Zach That did it! I sure don't recall turning that off, or even seeing that option. Thanks for the help!

• Zach
                      Zach commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No problem at all. I had to look into that to see what was causing it. So now we know. Thank you!

This is your occasional reminder.... If you see something, say something!

This software is still new to all of us, and we're constantly working to get all the kinks out. If something doesn't look quite right, there's a fair chance that its not. Whether its a strange error you get when trying to do something, or images not posting, or whatever.

We've tweaked a handful of settings in the past two weeks, which I never would have caught if our members didn't say something! If you don't want to post it here, send me a message. THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS. There are changes we can make, and there are things that would have to be addressed by the software people, but I'll do my best to get it sorted out.

Thank you all!

Comment

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	26272

We're always looking for your questions and comments about this forum and how to navigate it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the user experience. If you don't want to comment below, send me a private message. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                      X