Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Pennsylvania

Hi and thanks for the add. My name is Michele and I’m from northeast Pennsylvania. Never towed a trailer and only camped a few times. Awaiting my tag boondock xl. So much to learn. I’m super excited and any words of wisdom or advice would be welcomed!!

Welcome, we have a T@B CS-S. Towing’s a breeze, you’ll have to practice backing up.

Comment

Hi Michele, towing a year drop forward is pretty easy. It will take corners with little adjustment to driving technique. Backing, however, is tricky. Trailers require reverse steering in reverse. That means you turn the steering wheel right to steer the trl left and have to use your mirrors. I'm sure you will get the hang of it pretty quick. Also, you might want to look at the New Jersey chapter's trip for April. Very close to NE PA. Worthington State Forest on the NJ side Del. Water Gap. Very nice campground.

Comment

If you put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel instead of the top, you just push your hand in the direction you want the trailer to go. No need for reverse thinking when backing.

Comment

Welcome! Be sure to 'join' the Liberty Bell Chapter (https://forum.tearjerkers.net/chapte...y-bell-chapter) to keep up with our upcoming events. When do you get to pick up your camper?

Comment

Kitty from Asheville, It is true that putting the hand at the bottom of the wheel works as you said, that technique falls apart as soon as the wheel is turned 90 degrees. But if it works for you...

Comment

Welcome. Go to a couple events with the Jersey, Liberty Bell, or Chesapeake Bay chapters and you'll get loads of advice from the members. I am with the Great Chesapeake Bay chapter and we have tons of fun. Be sure to look at the calendar and bok as early as possible because they fill up fast.
              Happy trails.
              D.O.M.

Comment

Thank you all so much! I joined the New Jersey group also! I live near Delaware water gap but unfortunately I work over those days 😢. I pick up my new home away from home the week of April 26!! Any tips tricks or “wish I would’ve known” items to buy please feel free to help a girl out. Solo female needs help. Lol

Comment

Hi Michele - New and from PA also !!! I am also awaiting a trailer and will be solo - but i don't get my new project sadly until Nov. Feeling glad to know there is another newbie in my state !!!!

Comment

Hello. I am from Pocono Pines and know your area well. I now reside full time in the upper midwest.
                    Good to see people from NE PA getting out and enjoying the area.

Comment

Welcome Michele, feel free to ask me anything. Would be happy to help! Join in camping with any chapter outing. You are welcome to attend any event. Come visit us in VA sometime.

Comment

Michelle, did you get the camper yet !!!! Excited for you

Comment

Working...
                        X