Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for having me in your group, I made the big plunge and moved to a mobile home in DE where my husband and I always wanted to live. I am here alone now and received news that my daughter in AZ is having a baby boy in August. When I saw these tiny teardrop campers, I said to myself, I can do this, we camped in the State park so much in DE this little beauty is just perfect. That’s about it for this 68 yr old widow. I find myself very lonely at times and think that the camper will give me the freedom to visit all my grandchildren all over the country, if I can find one, they seem to be the rage

Hi, sounds like your tear drops is giving you so much freedom .. so glad your here ... welcome

Comment

Hi Nora, I guess it sounded like I already have a new little camper, but I have only just begun to search for one and find they are hard to come by. I will be driving by an RV dealer on my way to the dr’s tomorrow and plan to stop in and see if they sell one. I am willing to travel w/I 200 miles of Lewes, DE if there is anyone out there that just don’t use theirs much anymore, I can assure you I will be traveling every winter in mine, I arrived in DE to a mobile home in Feb that I bought on the internet only to find it had no heat. Because I was a Girl Scout and avid camper I was quick to secure other means of warmth, but have decided even with heat I would rather spend the colder months in either FL or AZ where I have a new grandson about to arrive. I did loose my soulmate to heart disease, but believe he left this world so that my new grandson could arrive, and pray he is healthy and happy when he is born

Comment

Welcome Dorothy and good luck finding just the right camper for you. I know that Beckley's generally has several on their lot. https://www.beckleysrvs.com/?ppc=tru...SAAEgJcHfD_BwE

Also if you are thinking about going south, https://www.runawaycampers.com/ Runaway makes a really nice camper and the price is usually right.

Good luck and be sure to stop by one of the local camp outs and say hello and check out some of the campers.

Comment

Well everybody, I have looked at a few new and used teardrop campers and decided to keep the cost down and go in an entirely different direction, since I am disabled. I need a utility trailer to take with me to the stores which I can get at Lowe’s, they have a 3x5 that is perfect for my scooter and a tent I bought on the Wish app that comes with a mattress, sleeping bag and sits on a frame up off the ground, and I did not spend $10,000+ My only dilemma will be my trip to the Grand Canyon in Jan/Feb on my way to my daughters in Peoria, AZ. I know the weather in AZ will be warm, but am thinking it could be snowing in the Grand Canyon. So far the only solution I have come up with is to stick to visits to FL & AZ in the winter and save the trip to the Grand Canyon for a summer time visit.Open to suggestions

Comment

Is anybody running into any gas shortages? I live in DE and just got gas the other day, no lines but do expect things to get real crowded come Memorial Day, I live near the Cape May Lewis Ferry and already bought a ticket to leave the area that day

Comment

Welcome Dorothy, no major shortages here. Things should be back to normal very soon. Feel free to come and camp with the Old Dominion Chapter if you get a chance.

Comment

Working...
              X