Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Ramblig

Hello all. Thanks for having us! Just thought I’d introduce (ourselves). My wife and I are from the indianapolis area and have been pouring over countless teardrop videoes, how to, plans, etc. We are weekender hikers and have tent camped for awhile now and stubbled upon teardrops! So, we are in the process of building our own. We are looking to get a trailer soon, and building on a 5x8 trailer, complete with kitchen galley. We plan to have the camper dual purpose, with camping 30 amp hookup, to a true boondocking camper. We plan to add solar and a few more amenities before the build so we can do it right the first time. We will be looking here a lot for ideas, help, and direction! Hoping we can get a final draft in a few weeks, and start production in June. Thanks again for having us!

Welcome to the group.

You happen to be in the state with one of, if not THE most active chapter. Be sure you join the "Hoosier Chapter" forum and be sure to click on "subscribe" so you'll get notifications.

I highly recommend you check out a gathering. Regardless of whether you camp or not, especially before you get to deep in your build. You will gain so much knowledge, get so many ideas, hear lots of do's and don'ts and just generally have a good time.

B
    "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

So we bought our trailer today and started our build!

Comment

Comment

Welcome Andy, check out the TNTTT website for all sorts of info on tiny trailer builds. Join in camping with any of the chapters. Subscribe to chapters in areas where you wish to travel so that you may be notified whenever they plan an event. Good luck and much fun on your build!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PaulaB View Post
              Welcome Andy, check out the TNTTT website for all sorts of info on tiny trailer builds. Join in camping with any of the chapters. Subscribe to chapters in areas where you wish to travel so that you may be notified whenever they plan an event. Good luck and much fun on your build!
              Welcome, Ramblers. Seconding Paula's recommendation to check out "TNTTT" (Teardrops -n- Tiny Travel Trailers), as it's THE website for anything related to teardrop-building. Amazing amount of information... free to join, they don't spam you, great site. And as others have said, if you attend a TearJerkers gathering you will get SO much valuable, time-saving information from seeing other teardrops in person.

Comment

Comment

Did a little more work to our trailer today.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick T View Post

Welcome, Ramblers. Seconding Paula's recommendation to check out "TNTTT" (Teardrops -n- Tiny Travel Trailers), as it's THE website for anything related to teardrop-building. Amazing amount of information... free to join, they don't spam you, great site. And as others have said, if you attend a TearJerkers gathering you will get SO much valuable, time-saving information from seeing other teardrops in person.

Comment

Thank you. I’ve been and am a member on the TNTT forum. Loads of info on there! Looking forward to meeting all of you and checking out some of your builds soon!

Comment

Comment

Been awhile not being on here. Thought I’d throw some progress up!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Photo dump of the last few bits of the build. Build was completed in 2021, and we’ve taken the camper out about 16 times since then!

Comment

Looking for some great post.

Comment

Working...
                                  X