Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy to everyone from Colorado

Hi - this is Steve and Barb, and we use the name Bag End (the home of Frodo and Bilbo Baggins in the Tolkien books) for our 2021 Little Guy Max teardrop. We’re from Highlands Ranch, Colorado — a small 😀 suburb of about 100,000 people on the southern end of Denver. I’m a semi-retired engineer-turned-techie who has been a professional writer for the last 13 years; Barb is a retired rocket scientist (no, I’m not making that up).

We’re not new to camping; in our younger days we camped with a couple of sleeping bags and a 2-person backpacking tent. Later we “upgraded” to a VW Vanagon camper. After quite a few travels to other countries, 2020 brought us the opportunity to start enjoying the USA again. We looked around and thought that a teardrop like the Little Guy Max would be perfect, so we jumped on it this past December.

We tow Bag End with a 2021 Honda Passport which also has a Tolkien-inspired name — Bill the Pony. He was the faithful and hard-working pony owned by Sam. Our Passport gets a workout pulling the trailer so we thought it was appropriate!

So far we’ve spent 17 nights in Bag End and we’re learning a lot about trailer life. This summer we’re taking a few short trips, then a long loop through South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming (lots of time at Yellowstone and Grand Teton), and Utah before heading home. One last trip in October and we’ll get Bag End stored for the winter.

We’re thrilled that we found this forum and hope it will be a fun and friendly place to share adventures. we

I love your little guys name, welcome - glad your here

Comment

Bag End Hello. The Rocky Mountain chapter is in need of a Director or two. In the mean time ( if you don’t want to volunteer for the position), you can always join other chapters. The AZ chapter is planning a trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons June 4-15. If you’re interested feel free to join us along the way. Check out our gathering postings for more information.

Comment

Working...
      X