Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Indiana

Found out about this site from DennisL whom I have known for many years on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site, but only just met last year at the Central PA Mountain Truckstock. He had a teardrop camper and the wife and i really liked it so I decided to build one. I plan on hauling it around behind my 1954 Ford F100 and will be painted the same color. Luckily I have an old 4' X 8' trailer sitting in the weeds waiting for me. I am still in the planning stages but once I get started I am sure I will have plenty of questions.

Welcome to the group. You happen to be in the heart of the Hoosier Chapter, one of the larger more active groups.

Next weekend is the biannual CRA. gathering in Liberty Indiana. It's a national gathering that usually has in the neighborhood of 100 trailers. I would strongly recommend attending even if just for a day trip. There will be a number of homebuilt trailers, boutique builders, mass manufactured of all types. A perfect chance to get ideas for build tips, storage and equipment suggestions, even contacts for materials etc.

Welcome and good luck on your build.
    "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

Welcome Mark, glad you joined. Sounds like next weekend would be good to go visit. Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Indybeer View Post
        Found out about this site from DennisL whom I have known for many years on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site, but only just met last year at the Central PA Mountain Truckstock. He had a teardrop camper and the wife and i really liked it so I decided to build one. I plan on hauling it around behind my 1954 Ford F100 and will be painted the same color. Luckily I have an old 4' X 8' trailer sitting in the weeds waiting for me. I am still in the planning stages but once I get started I am sure I will have plenty of questions.
        Hello & Welcome, Indybeer. I was just about to mention that you might like this thread (below), when I re-read your post and noticed the name of the person who told you about TearJerkers---- so yeah, you already know Dennis and his truck! Ya'll are killing me with these '53-'56 F100s..... possibly the best looking trucks ever made (!).
        After many teardrops behind my 1948 Chevy pick up truck, I decided to build one that matched the truck a little closer. A trucker friend in Ohio had a truck bed from a 1954 GMC truck. Just the bed no frame or anything else. So the journey began..found a used utility trailer and modified it to accept the bed. Added birch plywood

Comment

Working...
        X