Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awakened biker building a tiny-home to enjoy the country <3

72, retired electrician and Army vet. I found TearJerkers while searching Youtube videos for DIY ideas. I'm converting a 4'x6'x5' point nose w/ramp Cargo trailer. So far, added: 2-12x22 windows and the 26x36 Amazon side door; 5ft tongue extension for a 48"x68" aluminum diamond plate front deck and 10" wide side steps in front of the fenders. Planning on: 32" TV on a 28"x48" cabinet in the point with stereo and all electric controls; 5k btu air conditioner; a 6' couch sitting on stacked storage boxes that support the 3 piece hinged bed boards and mattress pads; 2" rear hitch for a 'back porch' rack to offset tongue weight and that also holds 2" sq tubing support for the floor of my 'ramp room' which will be a rear kitchen & add'l space bringing interior to 4x9; Roof rack will hold 2 solar panels and duffel bags for clothes, bedding, etc; Trailer Doubles as a toy hauler for a People S200 scooter! Wish me luck....

I welcome any ideas,
    Especially:
    Awnings
    micro water heaters
    Solar pwr systems
    TV antennas

Comment

Sounds interesting! Post your build.

Comment

Wow, your camper sounds great Chief. I'm not a builder, but there are top notch builders in The Land of Lincoln Tearjerkers. Try posting on their chapter with questions; they are very helpful.

Comment

John,

Here's my concept for an awning/cover for my homebuilt teardrop. I took 10', 3/4" steel conduit sections and cut them down to 7' lengths, six pieces. I drove wooden plugs in each end, then inserted concrete nails (the ones with the spindle-shaped head) into the top ends. I put a standard 10'x20' tarp's corner grommets over the nails, then place the guy lines over the nails to keep the tarp in place. I made a PVC frame with pool noodle sections on the corners of the frame that fits around the roof vent. That acts as an off-center "pole" to protect the vent cover and the noodle sections protect the tarp and the top of the camper from scuffs. I go 3' over the port side of the 5' wide trailer which gives me 10'x12' of covered area on the starboard side. The 5th and 6th pole are for the "middle" of the long sides of the tarp if I don't have any trees close by. Guy lines are 550 cord from Dollar Tree. Stakes are the 10" nails with the plastic heads. My Inks Lake meet (24-26 Apr) was my 2nd time to set up the tarp and poles. As you know we had a pretty strong system waltz through then. It stood up to estimated 15 to 20 mph winds and had handled 10 to 15 mph winds the time before. Not bad for a home made rig, eh? The pic below is at Inks Lake State Park.

DJ
          LSCD

Click image for larger version  Name:	Inks Lake SP Apr 2022.jpg Views:	14 Size:	6.19 MB ID:	20397

Comment

Working...
          X