Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from MI

Recently joined after ordering an Escapade Backcountry. Picked it up last week with my dogs and made our way back through MN, WI and MI. This trailer feels more like ‘me’ than the popup or TT I’ve had previously.

Next steps are to get out and do disbursed camping and get my spartan galley outfitted and organized.

cheers to All!

Welcome, from Ohio's north coast! You sure have some beautiful places to explore up your way and further north! No public land available for dispersed camping in Ohio.

That's a nice squaredrop. What size is it, and how deep is the galley? It looks wider than my Hiker 5X8. My galley is 17" deep, and the cabin snuggly holds a queen sized Milliard 6" tri-fold.
    Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
    Retired, and Exploring the USA
    Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
    Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Hi Steve,

thank you - I looked hard at Hiker but opted out for a number of reasons.

The Backcountry is 5.5’ x 10’; internally, there’s roughly a couple of inches on either side of the queen mattress. The galley is roughly 20” - I just ordered 18” drawer slides to mount my Iceco JP50. If you’re interested in more pictures, just let me know.

thanks again!

Comment

That sounds perfect! The queen bed is too snug in ours, and some owners trim them down. An additional 6” in width and 24” interior length would be very welcome!!

We went with Hiker, because in 2017 when we got it, there were few choices in squaredrops, and none near the $5500 we spent. It was the least expensive way to get out of a tent. 😁
        Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
        Retired, and Exploring the USA
        Oliver Legacy Elite II/ Toyota Land Cruiser
        Facebook --- Instagram

Comment

Welcome Scott!
          Have a great time with your new camper. Looks like a nice rig.
          All the best,
          Theresa
          GNW & New England Chapter Director

Comment

Thanks much - see you out there!

Comment

Working...
            X