Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from sunny south Florida

I have been lurking around the old forum for a little while and decided it was probably time to properly introduce myself.

I recently was initiated into the Florida chapter during the Tomoka State Park gathering. As I walked up to the large group of people whom I’d never met, a severely intoxicated woman approached me and began discussing topics which I could neither fully comprehend or understand. Being an invited guest, I tried my best to be pleasant and courteous but with each stumble in my direction from the drunk woman, I quickly found myself backed completely into a palmetto clump at the edge of camp. With some finesse, I managed to escape her drunken attempts to befriend me and worked my way into a group of much more pleasant folks. I tactfully began to inquire as to whom this woman was, trying to determine if this was the measuring stick of a “Tear Jerkers” gathering. I was quickly brought up to speed on the fact that the woman was a party crasher and no one knew who she was. The rest of the night was spent making wonderful new friends and learning about the Tear Jerker community. I know you’re wondering what happened to the inebriated party crasher... well she was kindly told to drink water and head on back to her campsite.

I’m not generally a big fan of meeting people off the internet but I had been invited by Joe from Tiny Camper Company (the builder of my square drop) and decided to give it a shot. I brought my 9 year old son and crossed my fingers that it would be a good group of people. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be a tremendous understatement. The folks I met were so kind and inviting to my son and I that I left at the end of the weekend so thankful for having met them all. I feel fortunate to have discovered the forum by way of Joe and look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

I’m adding a link to a short video I made during the gathering and hopefully you’ll find it more interesting than me just telling you about my rig and the rest of the weekend...✌️

David, great video.
    Are you a Florida Chapter member?
    Charles
    Charles . . . . http://www.isleepinit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      David, great video.
      Are you a Florida Chapter member?
      Charles
      I’m not sure what the exact steps are to becoming a member but I’ll definitely be at gatherings in the future! I did join Florida group in the forum section though.

Comment

David, thanks for sharing your video and your son is such a good young man! You are signed up, which makes you a Florida Chapter member. That's all there is to it. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
          David, thanks for sharing your video and your son is such a good young man! You are signed up, which makes you a Florida Chapter member. That's all there is to it. Welcome!

Thank you Bonnie 🙏

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	San Sebastian Inlet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	618.2 KB ID:	2514
            Hello fellow Floridians from further south in Florida!

Hopefully I'll be able to make a future Florida event. Work travel has cheated me out of camping of late but hope to get back out there soon.

Comment

Very cool video. I really enjoyed getting to know you both at the gathering. It was indeed a good time. If you go to the "Chapters" area all you have to do is find the Florida Chapter and click "Join" and you will be a formal Florida Chapter member. It's a tough selection criteria but as long as you can click you qualify! LOL....

Comment

David what a blessing you brought me with this lovely video of you and your gentlemanly son. It was a pleasure meeting y’all and I hope to see you both again. Happy travels ,
                Jeanette Dulley

Comment

Thank You. It’s nice to be here!

Comment

Mitch and Jeanette, thank you for the warm comments! MBSki, look forward to meeting you in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X