Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Trinity TX.

I just bought a used teardrop. So far, only camped in my driveway. Plan on going to some State Parks.

Theresa,

Welcome to the Lone Star Chapter! I'm the director for the LSC. You've got some nice state parks within 2-3 hrs driving distance from where you live and check out some of the private camps, too. Check the Chapter's home page and you'll see a couple that I've gone to. At times the private camps are a little better because you don't have to worry about booking so far in advance like you have to with the state parks lately. The only problem is some of the private parks will only allow full-size rigs - contact them for any "rules" they may have. And don't forget KOA locations. Maybe a bit pricey for some, but nice amenities. If you plan on staying at state parks regularly, go ahead and get the annual pass. It'll pay for itself if you camp more than several times a year, plus you don't have to pay a day use/passenger fee when you enter. That's great for those times when you're traveling and just want to check out a park you're passing while on a trip. Make sure you grab a park map during a visit and circle the good sites for future camping trips. Contact me if you have more questions.

DJ Davis
    LSCD

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Davis View Post
      Theresa,

Welcome to the Lone Star Chapter! I'm the director for the LSC. You've got some nice state parks within 2-3 hrs driving distance from where you live and check out some of the private camps, too. Check the Chapter's home page and you'll see a couple that I've gone to. At times the private camps are a little better because you don't have to worry about booking so far in advance like you have to with the state parks lately. The only problem is some of the private parks will only allow full-size rigs - contact them for any "rules" they may have. And don't forget KOA locations. Maybe a bit pricey for some, but nice amenities. If you plan on staying at state parks regularly, go ahead and get the annual pass. It'll pay for itself if you camp more than several times a year, plus you don't have to pay a day use/passenger fee when you enter. That's great for those times when you're traveling and just want to check out a park you're passing while on a trip. Make sure you grab a park map during a visit and circle the good sites for future camping trips. Contact me if you have more questions.

DJ Davis
      LSCD
      Very informative post, even for folks who don't live in Texas. 😉
      I wouldn't have thought to contact private campgrounds before going, to make sure they allow smaller rigs. (I have heard about the private campgrounds that don't allow rigs like box trucks-converted-to-campers etc).

Comment

Working...
      X