Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Winchester Ky

I’m a new member. I’m not sure I signed up correctly. Will I automatically be put in with my area?

Hello Tonia and welcome to the family. I am one of the Bluegrass Chapter (Kentucky) co-directors and I am based in Louisville.

You will need to search for the Bluegrass Chapter forum on here and join, also be sure to subscribe so you receive notifications on chapter activity. (I also recommend joining chapters in other areas that you do, or would consider, traveling to.

We have two more gatherings scheduled this year.

This weekend, we are at Kendall Campground below Wolf Creek Dam that forms Lake Cumberland. I believe sites are full however I just found out there are several walk in/first come first serve sites available Friday through Sunday (weekends only). There are 11 of them so I'm confident if decide to join us that if you came relatively early Friday you would be able to get a spot.

In October, Oct 6-9 we will be at Cave Creek campground on Rough River lake. Last time I checked there were still a few sites available.

Both of these fall trips are at COE campgrounds that are group favorites and offer plenty to do. The the threads with campground specific information can be found in the Bluegrass Chapter area of this forum (I will try and post a link in another reply).

Also, we do occasionally have folks who camp and post their plans in case others wish to join. Last November there was a small group who went to Hillman Ferry at LBL, this summer a small group went to the KOA in Horse Cave. I am planning a late October trip to the Cumberland Falls area, likely the last weekend of Oct at the KOA in Corbin.

Next years planning is in the early stages, we expect to start Posting those late October or so.

Snickers and I hope to see you by the campfire soon!
    B
    "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

Bluegrass Chapter forum.

https://forum.tearjerkers.net/chapte...egrass-chapter

Comment

This weekend's trip.

Our early fall gathering continues to focus on Chapter favorites. Kendall Campground I feel is one of the premier campgrounds for putting the beauty of Kentucky on display and a chapter favorite. So much to do within walking distance of a FANTASTIC campground. Based on positive response last year choosing the B loop along the

Comment

October gathering.

Positive feedback once again and what a bonus having the new trails, definitely worth a return trip. Plan is once again the A loop. I think we all agree even though a bit farther from the water. The size, spacing, ease of facilities access, this is the choice loop. Once again there are planned changes, adding full hook ups tp

Comment

We also do have a Facebook group, feel free to join it as well..

"Tearjerkers: Bluegrass Chapter"

Comment

Working...
            X