Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Person here

Hello, I have watched videos of the gatherings for a few years now, Oh, let me back up here. My name is Matthew, I live in KC Missouri. I love to camp just have not done so for some time (code for years 8 to 10) Since I turned 45 I have been on this kick to work on the bucket list and a few dreams for myself. After all, they say to be happy you need to be happy and those around you will do the same and lead by example. So, I am. Just before Covid started I bought my 1st truck and she was my 3rd choice of Truck. I wanted the new Ranger but they wanted 45 to 60 K and then the Chevy Colorado 30 to 50k and then The Nissan I ran with and compare them all even the Toyota. For me, it was the tried and true and the bottom dollar of each. well, I got the Nissan Frontier 2019 the last in its making cause after 2019 they change the engine and then the body.
    So I got that and paid it off fast in 2.5 years cause I wanted a camper. While I was looking for the truck I was looking for the camper and testing and feeling out my family on things at the same time. None of them wanted to camp or do the tent thing. I bought a tent for the back of the truck and a tunnel cover my daughter and I the 1st year slept in the back of the truck 2 times with the cover and not the tent. I enjoyed it but it was in the driveway, not a campground. Never used the tent. This year tent will be used now that I got a few things done to the truck, but also still looking for that camper. I figure I would be on my own so once again it comes down to cost and where to get it. I am looking for something like the teardrop or a mypod xl. Why one of these? Well again on my own mostly but also I don't want to under or overdo the towing which worries me after watching the video on it and how to load on. I really don't want a box type but I have been looking at a couple like a runaway and Colorado. Any ideas of the best places to get a good teardrop for a 1st timer? What do you guys think of the A-frame-type campers? In my area we have camping salers around but nothing I am really looking for and Bushwackers I like them but not for the prices there asking for them especially since I hear they're falling apart much sooner than they use to over the past 5 years.

Originally posted by matmore74 View Post
    Hello, I have watched videos of the gatherings for a few years now, Oh, let me back up here. My name is Matthew, I live in KC Missouri. I love to camp just have not done so for some time (code for years 8 to 10) Since I turned 45 I have been on this kick to work on the bucket list and a few dreams for myself. After all, they say to be happy you need to be happy and those around you will do the same and lead by example. So, I am. Just before Covid started I bought my 1st truck and she was my 3rd choice of Truck. I wanted the new Ranger but they wanted 45 to 60 K and then the Chevy Colorado 30 to 50k and then The Nissan I ran with and compare them all even the Toyota. For me, it was the tried and true and the bottom dollar of each. well, I got the Nissan Frontier 2019 the last in its making cause after 2019 they change the engine and then the body.
    So I got that and paid it off fast in 2.5 years cause I wanted a camper. While I was looking for the truck I was looking for the camper and testing and feeling out my family on things at the same time. None of them wanted to camp or do the tent thing. I bought a tent for the back of the truck and a tunnel cover my daughter and I the 1st year slept in the back of the truck 2 times with the cover and not the tent. I enjoyed it but it was in the driveway, not a campground. Never used the tent. This year tent will be used now that I got a few things done to the truck, but also still looking for that camper. I figure I would be on my own so once again it comes down to cost and where to get it. I am looking for something like the teardrop or a mypod xl. Why one of these? Well again on my own mostly but also I don't want to under or overdo the towing which worries me after watching the video on it and how to load on. I really don't want a box type but I have been looking at a couple like a runaway and Colorado. Any ideas of the best places to get a good teardrop for a 1st timer? What do you guys think of the A-frame-type campers? In my area we have camping salers around but nothing I am really looking for and Bushwackers I like them but not for the prices there asking for them especially since I hear they're falling apart much sooner than they use to over the past 5 years.
    Check around and see if any place close to you may rent a teardrop and try them out first. That's what we did and ended up loving it. We bought one immediately after that. We have a 2016 T@G MAX and love it. We bought new, but there are many for sale used online at reasonable prices compared to new. Many of the A-frame campers are quite nice and you can stand up in them. You could also buy a small cargo trailer and fit it out yourself as a squaredrop camper.

Gena
    2016 NuCamp T@G Max Teardrop
    Co-Director Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Comment

Working...
    X