Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Lancaster, PA

Hello everyone. My name is Bill and I am a new owner of a 2019 T@g XL Boondock Edge. I can't wait to get out and try this. This is a definite upgrade from tent camping. Hope to see some of you real soon.

Welcome from Lititz. We have a T@B. There’s a PA/OH T@B gathering in July at Laurel Hill state park.

Comment

Hey Bill, welcome from Hanover PA! Congrats on the new rig. Have you taken it out at all yet?

I was going to point you towards our Liberty Bell Chapter section, but it looks like you've already found us and signed up for a few gatherings.

Comment

I haven't been out yet, if you don't include setting it up in a friend's field to get a basic feel for using it and what I might (need, want, dream about) right off the bat to enhance the experience. I was kind of waiting to see how you more experienced folks setup your camp's.
        I was thinking a screen room like the CLAM Quick-Set Traveler 6' x 6' Portable Pop-up might be my first "need"? (Any thoughts?)
        I didn't see the meet up at Laurel Hill State Park. If you would please point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative. I would like to attend as many group meet ups as my calendar allows. Since I'm retired my calendar allows an awful lot!
        I look forward to meeting you folks.
        ​​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

Bill, the Ohio and Pennsylvania T@BS and friends is a Facebook group that my wife found. Laurel Hill state park gathering is July 21-23, but a lot of us are going July 20-24. It’s largely T@BS and T@GS with a couple other brands. Dennis

It looks like we have 33 sites so far.

Comment

Thanks Dennis. What loop are you using at Laurel Hill? I'd like to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgerunner View Post
              I haven't been out yet, if you don't include setting it up in a friend's field to get a basic feel for using it and what I might (need, want, dream about) right off the bat to enhance the experience. I was kind of waiting to see how you more experienced folks setup your camp's.
              I was thinking a screen room like the CLAM Quick-Set Traveler 6' x 6' Portable Pop-up might be my first "need"? (Any thoughts?)
              I didn't see the meet up at Laurel Hill State Park. If you would please point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative. I would like to attend as many group meet ups as my calendar allows. Since I'm retired my calendar allows an awful lot!
              I look forward to meeting you folks.
              ​​​​​​​Thanks
              Our group has 20 campsites reserved for Promised Land, so you should see a variety of setups. A few of those campsites are full-size travel trailers, but we won't pick on them too bad

We have a couple 10x10 canopies that we use. Some trips we don't set them up at all. Some trips we might only set one up. And for winter trips we set both of them up and have the wall panels to make a little "cabin". They are heavy though. I just bought a new sunshade that should be here by the Promised Land trip. Its 4 poles, and a lycra "sheet" that gets stretched over the tops of the poles. Its not for rain, but should give us some shade. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

And Dennis already answered your question about Laurel Hill. TearJerkers have been there a few times, but not this year.

Comment

Working...
              X