Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member (NC) - excited to be a part of this group!

Hi all,

Very excited to have found this group! I got introduced to you all from watching some videos in the Camp and Camera YouTube channel and I'm in the process of building a Chesapeake Light Craft (CLC) teardrop camper as my first teardrop! We've been camping most of our lives and for the last 20 years or so, we've been tent camping (my wife and I and dogs) but we really liked the idea of a teardrop for having something ready to roll and not having to worry about putting up or taking down a tent. Looking forward to participating and meeting fellow Tear Jerkers :-)

We live in central North Carolina (High Point) and we have lived all over the country (Los Angeles, Chicago, Western Michigan, Baltimore, South Carolina, and now in High Point NC). We've been doing about one or two camping trips a year so far, but looking forward to doing more when we've got the teardrop!

I also enjoy sailing and gardening and my wife and I both really enjoy hiking and lately, foraging for wild mushrooms (we just found some delicious red chanterelles this past weekend actually, quite yummy!)

I also launched a YouTube channel around our CLC Teardrop build in case anyone wants to follow along. Happy camping!

Whether it's wood or food, we'll be making lots of different things in this channel! My interests range from woodworking, to sailing, to physics, to biology, to cooking and baking and everything in between. The channel will have an eclectic mix of projects which I hope you find appealing to watch and follow along. I tend to take projects in waves, so maybe it's a couple months of high voltage projects which then moves to building something from wood, with a mixture of baking and cooking along the way, you never know what you'll get, but it should be fun, informative, and full of mistakes to enjoy! I hope you love watching and coming along with me for the journey. I'm Jeremy, and this is me making it!

Cheers,

Jeremy/Brinohm

Originally posted by Brinohm View Post
    Hi all,

Very excited to have found this group! I got introduced to you all from watching some videos in the Camp and Camera YouTube channel and I'm in the process of building a Chesapeake Light Craft (CLC) teardrop camper as my first teardrop! We've been camping most of our lives and for the last 20 years or so, we've been tent camping (my wife and I and dogs) but we really liked the idea of a teardrop for having something ready to roll and not having to worry about putting up or taking down a tent. Looking forward to participating and meeting fellow Tear Jerkers :-)

We live in central North Carolina (High Point) and we have lived all over the country (Los Angeles, Chicago, Western Michigan, Baltimore, South Carolina, and now in High Point NC). We've been doing about one or two camping trips a year so far, but looking forward to doing more when we've got the teardrop!

I also enjoy sailing and gardening and my wife and I both really enjoy hiking and lately, foraging for wild mushrooms (we just found some delicious red chanterelles this past weekend actually, quite yummy!)

I also launched a YouTube channel around our CLC Teardrop build in case anyone wants to follow along. Happy camping!

Whether it's wood or food, we'll be making lots of different things in this channel! My interests range from woodworking, to sailing, to physics, to biology, to cooking and baking and everything in between. The channel will have an eclectic mix of projects which I hope you find appealing to watch and follow along. I tend to take projects in waves, so maybe it's a couple months of high voltage projects which then moves to building something from wood, with a mixture of baking and cooking along the way, you never know what you'll get, but it should be fun, informative, and full of mistakes to enjoy! I hope you love watching and coming along with me for the journey. I'm Jeremy, and this is me making it!

Cheers,

Jeremy/Brinohm
    Welcome. We have at least 3 gatherings per year in the Carolinas Chapter, the 3d weekend in Jan, May, and Sep. VIrginia, KY, TN, and the dixie chapters all have at least 2 gathering per year as well. Join us soon!!! George
    🍺 Asheville George 🍻

Comment

Just a quick Hello & Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

Comment

Working...
      X