Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited to be a Tear Jerker now, and can't wait to meet fellow campers!

Greetings! I currently live in Ohio and love to camp out. I started backpacking in Boy Scouts many years ago and that was my primary way to enjoy camping outdoors in tents. Eventually I moved on to getting a pop-up camper as the family expanded. It was so much fun but eventually I sold it and went back to a tent for a couple of years. Next up was a rooftop tent that I purchased. I loved it but my wife did not. End of story. And then it happened! I saw my first teardrop camper in person and was immediately hooked. With my outdoor roots in backpacking, I knew a teardrop would be perfect because of its compact, but very efficient, design. Plus, they're easy to tow and get ready for weekend trips. The beautiful thing about being in Ohio is that we are surrounded by other states that have excellent camping resources as well. So, I plan on joining those state chapters soon. Thanks for welcoming me and I look forward to getting on the road!

Welcome! Hope you can join us in PA for a gathering sometime! I've been trying to host an occasional boondocking trip in Northern PA the past few years, and we actually had a pretty good turnout this year. Your rig would be right at home!

By the screenname, I assume you're a Subaru nut As they say, it takes one to know one.... thats all I've ever driven up until a few months ago. I think I've had 9 or 10 over the years. A couple Imprezas (still have a1998 2.5RS), an Outback 3.0R sedan, a Legacy, a couple Crosstreks, an Ascent, and my wife currently has Forester. I really liked the Ascent but just traded it in on something a little more rugged (but still Japanese) - a Toyota 4Runner.

Hope to see you around the campfire sometime!

Comment

Working...
    X