Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Full Time

Hello fellow Tear Jerkers! I became the proud owner of a 2015 Little Guy Tag 5' wide, with the intent of using it to get out of the Florida heat. However, seeing how life has its twists and turns, I'll be hitting the road full time - just me (a solo female) and my two dogs. This is all brand new to me! Beyond bringing my Little Guy home, I've never towed anything. I've also never traveled with both of my dogs, one of which has never been camping. So this will definitely be a big adventure for us all!

I have a week before the closing of my property, so I've been busily trying to both get my camping set up ready, as well as box up and put in storage whatever I can't take but still want to keep. Consequently, I'm super excited and scared to death, as things have happened rather quickly and there has been no time for any sort of practice to build my confidence.

Many 'firsts' are before me, and I already know that I'm going to be learning a lot along the way. (That's my positive spin on making a lot of mistakes! Haha.) But life is too short to sit around waiting for adventure, new friends, and a new family to come to me; and considering that today is my 54th birthday, it's finally time for me to either put up or shut up. So, adventure ho we go.

I hope to meet some of you along the way on this new journey. If there are any other full timers, be sure to say hello. I'm sure that I'll be talking with you all again soon. Thanks for being a part of my community as I look for my new home, knowing that home isn't necessarily an actual place but a state of mind.

That is a big leap and commend you for following your dream.Towing a small tear drop shouldn't be difficult for you.Since this will be your home you will need a good outside shelter that is easy to set up and take down.Many people like the "clam" style and you can get sides to close it in when you need to.Also you need some kind of frig.The 12 volt inverter compressor frig are great.Having to buy ice can get expensive.Best of luck to you and stay safe!Also,as you travel around you can meet up with tearjerker events along the way.

Comment

I agree with SteveC. Get a Clam style shelter and a 12v compressor fridge. We travel with a 40 qt Alpicool (about $300) and it works great. I also recommend getting a rice cooker (about $20) and a 500 watt inverter (less than $50). You connect this to your battery and plug in the rice cooker. Order both off Amazon. Plug the fridge into a 12v outlet. I use a 35 Ah lithium battery to power my fridge thru the night. You may be able to get by with a smaller battery. Just charge it up during the day.
      Get a 200 watt solar suitcase and learn how to camp off grid.
      instead of the small inverter and battery, get an ECOFLOW power station DELTA 2. The price just dropped from $1,000 to $800. It should last you 10 years. Plug the fridge into your Delta 2 and charge it while you are driving or use your solar panels to charge it while you are camping.
      I recommend a Renogy 200 watt flexible solar panel suitcase.
      Utube is your friend. Learning is fun. Look at some of Cosmo Weems videos.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X