No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas

New members from Arkansas

Hello, we are from S.E. Arkansas and have camped for more years than we can remember. Backpacking, tent, 24' bumper pull, SUV, pop up and now tear jerking

After the nest got empty, we sold our 24' .it was a sad day, replaced with a nice pop up. We still use that about 4 or 5 times a year.

Some of our kids ended up in central Florida and others in Maryland. Way more drive than we could make in a day, so we camped in the back of our Kia Sportage, which was pretty uncomfortable no matter all I did.

We saw a few teardrops and wow, that is what we needed to tow behind our Sportage, pull over and sleep, head out the next morning. The Sportage has a towing capacity of 1000 pounds without brakes and 1500 with brakes.

Well after a lot of looking and not finding what I wanted or could afford. We built our square drop. 4x8 on a Harbor freight frame (don't really recommend that frame, i wouldn't use another HF frame,) that said after putting a new american made axle, radial tires, reworking the fender mounts and beefing it up a little, we had our sqdrop on the road.

Fully loade heading out, we stopped the CAT scale. 980 lbs

We have over 3000 miles on it now. ​
    Attached Files
Working...
X