Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, from Michigan

Hi all, I've been interested in teardrops for a long time now, I first found out about teardrops from Sumner's 1FATGMC/Purple Sage Trading Post webpages when I was researching building a small camping trailer for my car back in the very early 2000's. I never ended up building back then, and eventually went on to van camping. I've come back around to the idea of doing a teardrop build so I've dusted off my old tnttt account from 2007 and (re)signed up here looking for inspiration from other builders, and gatherings!

I clicked "join" on my local chapter Great Lakes, so I guess I'm in! One thing with your chapters forums, they are all empty - there seems to be no way to browse the posts. The only post I can find for each chapter is the one that is featured in the "Latest Post" segment. I'm not sure if this is due to user levels/new account restrictions, but just thought I'd let you know that it shows via the counters that there are a number of topics/posts in each chapter forum, but new members at least, can't see anything in those forums - so it probably will limit the gathering exposure and potential discussion around that area for new members/lurkers? The calendar feature and map seems to work well though!

Hi John, welcome to the club!! Hmm... not sure exactly what you're seeing (or rather not seeing) in the chapter forums. Do they still look empty to you? I definitely need to look into that if you're still not seeing any posts!

This is what you should be seeing in the Great Lakes Chapter forum...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	30933

Comment

Here's what I see on that page instead after clicking the link here on the Chapters page:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Firefox_Screenshot_2024-03-04T14-45-50.677Z.png Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	30974

Brings up a blank page like this:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Firefox_Screenshot_2024-03-04T14-46-36.474Z.png Views:	0 Size:	166.6 KB ID:	30975
      It might be worth noting that while I don't seem to have permissions to view the forum listing, I can view the topics if I can find them another way. Like, if I click on a topic from the Latest Topic Column, currently "Michigan upper peninsula" - I can view the topic itself, no problem. I just can't browse any topics using the individual forum/chapter pages in any of the Chapter forums

Comment

Whoa, thanks for posting the screenshots!! That helped me get to the bottom of the issue! Every page "type" has its own permissions, but each module on each page also has its own permissions. And they are controlled in two different locations. We recently added a "New Member" group, which you happen to be a part of for obvious reasons. And that group didn't have the ability to see the topic module on the chapter pages, despite being able to see the chapter pages.

Fingers crossed that its fixed now.... let me know. And now I need to take a look everywhere else and see what else I screwed up.

Comment

Looks like it's working good now, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X