Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Northwest Wisconsin

I was a quiet member of the old forum and decided to re-join. My wife Terri and I have had a vintage Benroy Teardrop camper for the last 3 years and love camping out of it.
    We did a lot of tent camping when the family was younger but we like sleeping off the ground in a hard sided tent so to speak , now that we are older.
    I would like to go to a gathering sometime I enjoy looking at all the teardrop camper.
    We enjoy hiking ,biking, kayaking and fishing when we are camping. I am not sure which local chapter we would join. We are closer to Minnesota border but I don't see as many active groups as the Badger Chapter. Any info from those chapters would be helpful thanks!

Welcome, and you are able to join as many Chapters as you would like. There is no cost and you are welcome at any and all gatherings across the country.

Comment

You will be welcome at any TearJerker event. We are a group of like-minded individuals who love smaller campers. I have personally joined Badger State, Lakes and Loons, and Land of Lincon chapters. Joining different chapters will make it easier for the chapter's directors to contact you in the event a gathering needs a quick update. It also gives you another clicky that makes it easier to get to the chapters that interest you. We understand that Wisconsin's population is mainly located in the South-East and that Minnesota has a large population in its northern part very close to our border. This places our two sources of many of our members about 500 miles apart, which can be a considerable distance apart. Your biggest problem is going to be which state's logo will you place on your mini-banner should you chose to buy one. Great to hear you want to be a little more active in your camping life. Hope to see you and your wife at an event.

Comment

Welcome back Joseph! Looks like Steve and Gary already answered your questions, so I just wanted to say hi! Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions.

Comment

Joseph, Have you noticed the gathering that Lakes and Loons Chapter has posted? https://forum.tearjerkers.net/chapte...may-15-17-2020 Like all gathering they have a tendency to fill up quickly. The old days of deciding at the last second to go camping and actually finding several camping sites still available are rapidly going away because of computers and the internet. We now need to plan our summer during the winter. There are still many good sites at the "5th Annual MN Tear Jerker & Tiny Trailer Gathering" at Eau Galle.

Comment

Welcome! Come join us at Eau Galle in May. We'd love to meet you!

Comment

• Gary J.
              Gary J. commented
              Editing a comment
              Joeseph, We are planning on attending and are on site 04. Great group of people in Lakes and Loons.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and reply. I just booked a site for the gathering in May at Highland Ridge. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Comment

Joseph. What site did you end up getting at Highland Ridge?

Comment

Site #5

Comment

Working...
                X