Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 f-100

I just joined last month, & i'm really slow at typing. sorry. I use to belong to tales & trails teardrop times. membership # 49 / 4 I had a 1959 kit benroy style teardrop, in 1994 I pulled my teardrop back to Ind.,with my 56 f-100 I had a great time. people followed me into a gas station, they wanted to know about my trl. they did not know or ever heard of a teardrop trl. and were amazed when I opened it up, & turned on the lights. they said ,we saw you get on the interstate @ Tucumcari, N. M.in the morning. and everyone is talking about this guy in a old trk. pulling this funny looking little trl. and thats why they followed into the station.so I opened it up, turned on the lights,& they were amazed at all the room,& kitchen space it had.about then a young couple pulled in, & asked me what kind of animal I have inside. after I showed them my trl. we all had a good laugh! anyway,i'm looking to buy a camp-inn teardrop. not the raindrop, but the smaller teardrop, i like the vintage look & think it would look great behind my '56.

iiin

The Camp-Inn 550 would be an excellent choice. Well made and they provide very good customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Munyas View Post
      I just joined last month, & i'm really slow at typing. sorry. I use to belong to tales & trails teardrop times. membership # 49 / 4 I had a 1959 kit benroy style teardrop, in 1994 I pulled my teardrop back to Ind.,with my 56 f-100 I had a great time. people followed me into a gas station, they wanted to know about my trl. they did not know or ever heard of a teardrop trl. and were amazed when I opened it up, & turned on the lights. they said ,we saw you get on the interstate @ Tucumcari, N. M.in the morning. and everyone is talking about this guy in a old trk. pulling this funny looking little trl. and thats why they followed into the station.so I opened it up, turned on the lights,& they were amazed at all the room,& kitchen space it had.about then a young couple pulled in, & asked me what kind of animal I have inside. after I showed them my trl. we all had a good laugh! anyway,i'm looking to buy a camp-inn teardrop. not the raindrop, but the smaller teardrop, i like the vintage look & think it would look great behind my '56.

iiin
      Welcome, we have a long time member and a teardrop legend from Grants Pass. Hopefully they will chime in and say hello. Kay Cortapassi Whipp Grant Whipp meet your neighbor. LOL
      "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

iiin
        Hey, Jim!
        Welcome to TearJerkers! (Been a while since I've been on the Forum!) Yeah, I'm the one who started Tales & Trails, the Teardrop Times, first as a newsletter and then as the Membership organization (we called it a "Fellowship") ... it's been a minute or so since then, huh? I see that you are in Grants Pass, which is where I live, now, with my wife, Kay, over here by the high school ... hit me up sometime and we can talk about "the good ol' days": 530-440-9797 We might even have a couple of Teardrop Times T-shirts left ... ;-} ...!
        As I used to say all the time, CHEERS!
        Grant

Comment

Jim,

Since ya decided to join the Lone Star Chapter I took the time to look up your profile. MAN...!!! You sure have done a LOT in your eight years on this blue marble!

DJ
          LSCD

Comment

iiin
            Welcome to another Ford truck guy. I have a ‘54 F100 we use sometimes to go camping. There’s a group of us 48-56 Ford truck guys that meet at Bald Eagle State Park in PA the first weekend in October. We have guys that drive their truck from Wisconsin and Missouri. Click image for larger version

Name:	B0EE516F-25AF-4F8B-815A-3253038405A9.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	800.7 KB
ID:	33235

Comment

sss

Comment

sorry, i'm computer challenged. it's taken me this long to answer you. if that's a picture of your effie, light green or light blue, there's 2 pic's of it, it looks stock,& it look's great! are you running the y- block? what kind of trans. do you have in it? i like your tear drop trl. too. my first tear drop was a kit trl. benroy style, a 1959. if i can figure out how to send pictures of it i will. maybe i can ask grant whipp how to send them, since hen lives here in grants pass, or. i see you live in

Comment

my computer locked up on me so i didn;t finish my sentence litiz, pa. that's east of pittsburgh, great roller coaster park there kennywood. gott'a go to the store for my wife. take care, jim

Comment

Hi Jim, we’re east of Harrisburg in Lancaster county. We’ve owned the truck for 46 years, got it the year before we got married. It’s still 6 volt. 3 speed on the column with the Borg Warner overdrive. It’s the 239 y block bored +.120 with a 312 crank. Edelbrock 354 tripower. My best time in the 1/4 mile is 16.88 @ 81 mph. Been to Kennywood twice, rode a couple of the coasters. Dennis

ps: it’s Waterfall blue.

Comment

myp.s.I like your 54 f-100. so it's 239 cu. in. w/ 120 over bore & a 312 crank? did you have the crank mains turned down to fit the blk.? sooo what's the new cu. in.? My 56 has a 292 bored
                      30 over, it's been balanced twice once staticly & dynamicly so it will run very smooth. i'm running a 600 cfm holley carter afb., aluminum radiator w/ electric fan . i'm running a mild came grind from Clay Smith, the people that used woody woodpecker for a logo in the 50's & 60's it's being painted dark red w/ 1956 lincoln hub caps & wide wht. walls. keep on truck'n jim
                      Last edited by Jim Munyas; October 6, 2024, 11:55 PM. Reason: mytrans. is a 4 sp. granny w/ a gear venders over/ under dr. w/ a electric splitter. my final dr. is a stock dana 44, w/ 3.73. I was a trk. driver for 43 years. oh, i've had my trk. since 1977.

Comment

I like your 54 f-100. so it's 239 cu. in. w/ 120 over bore & a 312 crank? did you have the crank mains turned down to fit the blk.? sooo what's the new cu. in.? My 56 has a 292 bored
                        30 over, it's been balanced twice once statically & dynamically so it will run very smooth. i'm running a 600 cfm holley carter afb., aluminum radiator w/ electric fan . i'm running a mild came grind from Clay Smith, the people that used woody woodpecker for a logo in the 50's & 60's it's being painted dark red w/ 1956 lincoln hub caps & wide wht. walls. keep on truck'n jim​

Comment

Yes, the mains were turned down to fit. I’m running an Isky E4 cam. It now measures 283”. We were camping this past weekend with our 48-56 ford group. Click image for larger version

Name:	26D21D07-A971-4F13-B4E4-82DC3B0D9FA5.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	33795 Click image for larger version

Name:	2127A71A-4A66-4C00-AAF9-38C8583184BA.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	33796

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis L View Post
                            Yes, the mains were turned down to fit. I’m running an Isky E4 cam. It now measures 283”. We were camping this past weekend with our 48-56 ford group. Click image for larger version  Name:	26D21D07-A971-4F13-B4E4-82DC3B0D9FA5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	33795 Click image for larger version  Name:	2127A71A-4A66-4C00-AAF9-38C8583184BA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	33796
                            Love the truck.Wanted an older car/truck to tow teardrop but sold it before I could find one.

Comment

Working...
                            X