No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined from Cincinnati, OH

Hello all.

I built a custom 5x10 foamie teardrop last summer for our family, and can't wait to get it out again!

Tow Vehicle is a 1981 Pontiac Bonneville Safari wagon. So far we have visited 37 states with the wagon, with no plans to stop anytime soon.

Since I built the trailer, we've driven over 6000 miles, taken it to 15 states, and a bunch of national and state parks.

Welcome to the party.... sounds like you'll fit right in! That's a really cool combo you have there. What is the finish on the foamie?

Comment

Welcome from a neighbor a bit to the south.

I get up that way regularly, family in Ft Thomas and Independence, plus I'm a flea market junkie. I camp in Lebanon at the KOA since it's central to all three flea markets.

Be sure to check out the Buckeye Chapter, good sized, active group.

Since you do so much traveling with it, you definitely want to check out the Hoosier chapter, another good sized active group. They have a gathering in May at Clifty Falls state park in Madison IN, not a bad drive from Cincinnati.

The Bluegrass Chapter has four gatherings this year, love to have you join us for any of those.

Hope to see you by a campfire soon.

B
      "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Engle View Post
        Welcome to the party.... sounds like you'll fit right in! That's a really cool combo you have there. What is the finish on the foamie?
        Thanks! The finish is PMF. I bought a roll of 7oz canvas from Big Duck canvas, so I don't have any seams in the middle of any panels.

Finish paint was color matched to the wagon and is Sherwin Williams Emerald. It was spendy, but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
          Welcome from a neighbor a bit to the south.

I get up that way regularly, family in Ft Thomas and Independence, plus I'm a flea market junkie. I camp in Lebanon at the KOA since it's central to all three flea markets.

Be sure to check out the Buckeye Chapter, good sized, active group.

Since you do so much traveling with it, you definitely want to check out the Hoosier chapter, another good sized active group. They have a gathering in May at Clifty Falls state park in Madison IN, not a bad drive from Cincinnati.

The Bluegrass Chapter has four gatherings this year, love to have you join us for any of those.

Hope to see you by a campfire soon.

B
          Thanks for the info. I am still figuring out this site, and it is fun to find all the local people! I've been on TNTTT for the last couple years, and posted about my build over there.

Now that I'm no longer in the "build" phase, and am officially a tear-jerker, I figured I could join this side...

I knew about the Clifty Falls meetup, and I had seen that on TNTTT and have been signed up there for a while. I'll have to figure out which of y'all are on this site, which are on the other, and who all is on both!

I'll have to check out the Buckeye and Bluegrass, and see if I can make any of y'alls meetings.

Can't wait for the weather to turn just a little warmer and get this season started.

Comment

Be sure to check out the sections for the Buckeye Chapter, as well as any other states you travel too. I think you'll find a great group of people across the board.

B
            "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

Working...
            X