No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Asheville, NC!

Hello all,

My name is Lauren and I'm in the very early stages of starting a build. Still just getting my feet wet with figuring out where to get started on the plans. Any and all sugguestions, do's, don'ts, etc. Are greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the journey. If you need any help, let me know. Lin and I live between Asheville and Weaverville. Do you have a trailer, or are you still simply in the planning stage? g
    🍺 Asheville George 🍻

Comment

Hey George!
      we are still in the planning stages, but have been looking around at used vs new trailers as of right now. We are also still looking around at built ones for sale. It's kind of a numbers game right now, we want to embark on the build process, especially since we dont have enough to fork up between 5-9 grand up front.

Got any advice? I've got around $2500 ready to go, finance something or invest in the build? The other pickle is that while we do have a garage, most of it is taken up due to the climbing wall we built inside of it. So our build space is limited.

Comment

Welcome Lauren. If you are serious about trying to build your own make sure you check out tnttt.com This site is great for getting build info. If you are looking at purchasing a teardrop I would highly recommend you check out Rustic Trail Teardrop Campers. They are built in Pilot Mountain, NC (so not far from you) and they make a great product at very reasonable prices. I hear they have just started to have financing options also. I have the Grizzly model for about a year now and love it.

Hope to see you camping sometime in the future.

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I've seen their models, I'm a big fan. I've also checked out TNttT, lots and lots to dig through over there. It's almost overwhelming! At this point we figure, start with the trailer.

Thank you for the suggestions all around, knowing that rustic trail offers financing is very promising!

See you out there soon we hope!

Comment

Welcome!
            Bob and Lisa here.We are in Brevard and are serial teardrop campers. Let us know if you need any advice or have questions..... total fun ahead!

Comment

Working...
            X