Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in 'Vegas

I'm designing my first teardrop build, hopefully I'll start making sawdust very soon, so I'm really looking forward to interacting with other builders in the this group, especially those in the desert southwest. I camped in a 13' Scamp for about 11 years, but sold it a couple of years ago due to not having enough time to camp because of a new job. Now, due to the pandemic, I have plenty of time, and since I'm nearing retirement age I thought it would be a good time to fulfill a long held dream of building a teardrop. At the moment I'm hoping to get tips from folks in the SoCal area on where to buy materials. No one in 'Vegas sells 5X10 sheets of plywood or 5' wide aluminum. Thanks, excited to be in the group.

Hello & Welcome. Have you been to the Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers site? It's the best site on the net for build information.
    There are thousands of posts re "where to buy", so you may be able to find a nearby materials resource.

Comment

Hey thanks. Yep, I've followed Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers for a while. It's full of excellent info. I applied for membership about 10 days ago, but no response, yet. Maybe my email got lost and I'll have to try again. I think I saw one post in the build section that addressed my question about material sources in SoCal, but that post was pretty old, maybe about 10 years ago. Anyway, thought I would join this group, too. The more the merrier!

Comment

Check with Joanne Lightheart. She is in Vegas, built the Desert Dawg, and is getting ready to rebuild it. She should know some sources. She may be here on TJ, otherwise TNTTT. Or Google Desert Dawg, or find her on Facebook. Have fun!! See you down the highway....
        Carol R
        2013 Camp-Inn 550 - # 609
        Zephyrhills, FL

Comment

Working...
        X