Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from IN/MI

Just started my Fall/winter teardrop Project. I hope I get it done by Spring next year. Really looking forward to my first build. Getting lots of Advice from new people I have met both online and in person!
    I am originally from South Bend, IN but have recently moved to lower Michigan. I will be hopefully building a 5x8 teardrop with a lower scale Galley area. I don't want to get top overwhelmed with electronics, and other electrical things. Any advice for who to talk to or videos I should be watching for inspiration??

Thanks!

Ken

Hello & Welcome, Ken. My go-to site, while I was building, was "Teardrops -n- Tiny Travel Trailers", and I still think it's the best site out there for teardrop build information. It's a huuuuge site, with more posts than you can probably read in a lifetime, where pretty much every build question you can possibly think of has been asked & answered.... with a variety of opinions, of course. Tons of helpful, detailed photos as well. My 4 x 9 teardrop is very stripped-down, no-frills, wired for only lights & a vent fan. No a/c, no dvd player, no tv, no built-in coffee maker, no sauna or lighted dance floor... . Which has worked out fine so far (in its 8 years of use) with the exception of maybe three or four July-August-in-The-South trips, where a/c would've been really nice.

Comment

Thank you for your input! I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Welcome Ken! If you have any specific questions, the members here are a wealth of knowledge! Typically, the TearJerkers club has always been more focused on physical gatherings, whereas TnTTT has a lot of discussion regarding construction questions. That just seems to be the way its always been. We've just launched this new website, so we'll be working on building back up our technical library, how-to sections, build journals, etc.

If you have any specific electrical questions, don't hesitate to ask in our Electrical Forum. Your questions can help others! I've been meaning to write up some tutorials on popular subjects that come up (solar, inverters) but have been busy, so it hasn't happened yet.

Again, welcome, and let us know if you need anything!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Engle View Post
            ...Typically, the TearJerkers club has always been more focused on physical gatherings, whereas TnTTT has a lot of discussion regarding construction questions. That just seems to be the way its always been. We've just launched this new website, so we'll be working on building back up our technical library, how-to sections, build journals, etc....If you have any specific electrical questions, don't hesitate to ask in our Electrical Forum. Your questions can help others! I've been meaning to write up some tutorials on popular subjects that come up (solar, inverters) but have been busy, so it hasn't happened yet.
            Well said. Yeah, I've always gone to the tnttt site for build info, and here for "gathering" info. Also, if I needed updated, fresh info on specific campgrounds, I would definitely go to TearJerkers as a first resource, as the board is generally very active, and it seems like people usually respond pretty quickly. Ken--- Zach does beautiful work & definitely knows his stuff, so you are in good hands with his build info! I remember a bunch of your build photos, Zach, from the old site.
            I look forward to the upcoming tech/build posts (I'm doing some pretty "basic" solar upgrades to the teardrop, whenever time & money permit).

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
              X