Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from upstate NY

Hi all! My name is Kara, I live in Oswego, NY though I'm a New Englander at heart (born and raised in NH). I've had my teardrop for about 2 years now- it's a (secondhand) homebuilt one. I only got one trip with it in 2019 (I was finishing grad school while working full time and fixing up my house and just... didn't have time to camp), but I was able to get in 4 trips this year, even with the late opening of campgrounds. I love camping in the ADKs and hope to meet up with other members at some point.

Here's some pics from this year's adventures!

Meadowbrook State Campground (Saranac Lake/Lake Placid area). A friend was with me, she stayed in the tent- even without worrying about social distancing, my teardrop is definitely only big enough for one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Meadowbrook.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	8115

Rollins Pond State Campground (Saranac Lake/Tupper Lake/Paul Smith's area)

Name:	RP.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	8114

Taughannock Falls State Park (Cayuga Lake, Ithaca area)

Name:	taug.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	8113

Welcome from CT. Please join the chapters bordering NY.

Comment

Another New Englander! Don't worry, we won't hold that against you!

Welcome! Not sure why, but your pictures aren't showing up. Looks like you may be trying to share them from a google drive or album that is set to private.

Comment

• kdlaxgoalie
        kdlaxgoalie commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! I'm a New Yorker (upstate) now- have been for the past decade if you count undergrad, though that was basically Canada, lol

Thanks for the heads up about the pictures, I didn't realize that "copy image" when in Google Photos would try sharing it via url when pasted into this platform instead of just... pasting the image. Should be fixed now.
        Last edited by kdlaxgoalie; December 2, 2020, 09:14 PM. Reason: found a typo

Pictures are there now. Looks like a nice teardrop! I definitely need to make my way up into New York to do some more exploring. My very first TearJerker gathering was 10 years ago, in the Catskills. Definitely some beautiful scenery if you stay away from the city

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Engle View Post
        Pictures are there now. Looks like a nice teardrop! I definitely need to make my way up into New York to do some more exploring. My very first TearJerker gathering was 10 years ago, in the Catskills. Definitely some beautiful scenery if you stay away from the city
        Haha, yeah, closest I've been to the city was Newark, NJ for a hockey game (non-camping travel goal of going to an NHL game at every arena)- not very scenic. But we have 100+ public campgrounds in NY (mix of state parks and the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), many of which are breathtaking. I highly recommend the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes regions.

Comment

Working...
        X